Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Olive Camborne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharon

Sharon Report 1 Dec 2014 13:52

Good afternoon
Would some kind person please look and give me the full date of this marriage

William wilkinson to olive Caborn lincolnshire 1960 registration district spilsby
Thankyou shron

Sharon

Sharon Report 1 Dec 2014 13:54

Good afternoon
Olive is Caborn not Camborne
Thankyou sharon

Potty

Potty Report 1 Dec 2014 14:00

I think the only way you will find that is by buying the cert or you could try searching local newspaper archives for an announcement.

Sharon

Sharon Report 1 Dec 2014 14:04

Hi potty
Thanks I have not done much searching lately posted this and then remembered I could only get the month but not the precise date without the certificate
Thanks sharon

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 1 Dec 2014 14:16

Actually, Sharon, you can't really get the month only the quarter that it was registered which could be any one of those 3 months and even the previous month if it was registered early in the first of those 3 months.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Dec 2014 14:18

The marriage record is on FreeBMD

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 1 Dec 2014 19:46

It's Q3 1960. A registrar has to be present at the marriage - certainly for CofE the vicar is able to act as the registrar (I believe for a Catholic marriage the registrar is additional to the priest (?) so that limits the range to four months and, as Margee says, to late in the last month of the previous quarter. So the only way you will get actual date is to purchase the certificate.

Jude