Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wookycooky1

wookycooky1 Report 12 Oct 2014 15:14

Hi

I'm trying to find the marriage record of my late mum's cousin. Her name was Lorna Thompson and I believe that she was married at StClements church newhall Sheffield possibly june 1961 ?. The only thing I know about her husband was his christian name Jimmy.

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Kindest Regards
Linda

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Oct 2014 15:19

that's the only Lorna Thompson marriage in Sheffield I can see

[sent via message board]

wookycooky1

wookycooky1 Report 12 Oct 2014 15:45

Hi Ann,

Thank you for that it could possibly be the one as Jimmy was an Asian gentleman. Do you think Jameel was his surname? as I am trying to trace their children.

jax

jax Report 12 Oct 2014 16:10

As these people seem to be alive... Should their marriage and children's births be posted on here?

The marriage can be found on freebmd
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

wookycooky1

wookycooky1 Report 12 Oct 2014 16:26

Hi Mel,

Thank you so much for the above information yes these are the right people as I remember the childrens names. I will post again to see if I can get any information about them as I would like to beable to add them to my tree and also maybe find Lornas sisters.

Thank you once again.

Linda :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Oct 2014 16:41

I have sent a private message of a marriage for Angela , and advised that she is on 192.com up to 2013,

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Oct 2014 16:42

don't make a new posting - stick with this one :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Oct 2014 16:46

also PMd marriage for Mohammad and that he is on 192.com

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 12 Oct 2014 18:20

"As these people seem to be alive... Should their marriage and children's births be posted on here"?....probably not. But as they are freely available on freebmd.org.uk, is there a good reason for someone reviewing Mel's post?

Linda - keep to this posting as Ann suggests - though you may need to conduct any correspondence by PM

Jude

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 12 Oct 2014 18:28

Sorry about that I did'nt think at the time of posting.

I hope Linda got all the info before it was swiped.

Linda if you did'nt pm me and I will send it by pm.

My pc keeps turning itself off and I have to wait for it to cool down..... It's getting old like me :-(

jax

jax Report 12 Oct 2014 18:31

I did not report it ...just incase you thought it was me...

Would be nice if the person who did would would say so

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 12 Oct 2014 18:40

they never do :-(

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 12 Oct 2014 18:48

Jax didn't think it was you!!! In fact didn't think it was anybody who had contributed!! Whoever does this ...and I guess it is a self appointed "guardian" - is just as bad as an internet troll!

Mel - we're all getting old ha ha!

Me personally will be the same age as the year I was born this year - the only time it will happen unless I defy medical science lol!

Jude

patchem

patchem Report 12 Oct 2014 20:16

So now we all know how old you are.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 13 Oct 2014 06:17

Yes Patchem but you would hardly believe how many people cannot work this out.....:-)

Dea

Dea Report 13 Oct 2014 07:56

You will have to change your board name to 'Mrs Heinz' Jude ;-) :-D :-D

Dea x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 13 Oct 2014 13:05

Not difficult to divide 114 by 2

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 13 Oct 2014 18:38

Dea - lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacqueline - you would be surprised how many people don't actually realise that this is what you need to do........

Jude