Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coyne family from Cornamona Co Galway...Now Found!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 11 Oct 2014 12:22

Hello,

I am looking for any information relating to the Coyne family who lived in Cornamona Co Galway around 1940. The couple I am looking for were Thomas and Margaret Coyne who may have had a son named Patrick. They were a farming family. If anyone has any information regarding this family I would be very pleased to hear from them.

Many thanks, Lorraine

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Oct 2014 14:02

If they aren't in anyone's tree on here, it's unlikely that anyone will know them - or of them

And as you are so unsure, how would you know if you, or anyone, found the 'right' family?

Is this connected to your other threads looking for someone's Irish birth mother?

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 12 Oct 2014 10:56

Hello Jacqueline, Sorry my post was a bit vague, I have now edited it to show the information I am sure of.

Many years ago I put a post on here looking for my half sister. That post was also very vague as I had very few details. My half sister was not a member of GR at that time. 2 years later she joined GR and the admin at GR sent her a message telling her about my post and putting us in touch with each other. There may be no-one related to this family on GR at present, but they may see this post in the future with any luck.

Hope this makes things clearer. Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your input.

Lorraine :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Oct 2014 12:41

Good luck with your search. :-)

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 12 Oct 2014 16:58

Thank you Jacqueline. :-)

jax

jax Report 12 Oct 2014 18:44

I would doubt any staff member of Genes would send a message to a member ...Are you sure it was'nt just another member who just googled

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 12 Oct 2014 19:02

Well Jax, this was back in 2005, so I cannot retrieve the messages now. We were led to believe it was admin at the time but who knows? What matters is that the message boards worked for us and my family and I attended my sisters wedding in May and we are now looking forward to the arrival of our new niece or nephew.

Happy Days! :-)

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 23 May 2015 11:24

My search has ended. I have found the family. Post now closed. Thank you to everyone who offered help and advice.

Lainey