Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edith Mary Cartwright born 1915

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ladysmock

ladysmock Report 3 Oct 2014 08:07

Hi I am looking for the parents of Edith Mary Cartwright born 1915 Enfield London, I believe her mothers maiden name was BOX but all the searches I have done have hit a brick wall any help would be much appreciated Thanks Marilyn

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Oct 2014 08:17

What searches have you done?

It's possible that, as it was during WW1, her mother may have been married before.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Oct 2014 08:18

How did you find out her full second name?

Births Mar 1915 (>99%)
Cartwright Edith M Box Edmonton 3a 1393

A copy of the cert would resolve the issue for you

her parents may not actually have been married

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Oct 2014 10:35

I don't see a Cartwright/Box marriage that would fit so either they weren't married or she was previously married and married under her previously married name.

As Jaqueline suggests, you really need her birth certificate to determine which is the case.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Oct 2014 10:54

Back in 2008 you said you were going to send for the birth certificate. Did you not do so?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/trying_to_find/cartwright/thread/1100867?d=asc

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Oct 2014 18:04

I wondered about WWI too but then ... a child registered in early 1915 would almost certainly have been conceived before the war started

but in any event, either the mother was previously married or the couple was not married

really the only solution is indeed to get one of the children's birth certificates

... not start a new thread where people would just do the same searches all over again :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Oct 2014 18:09

there is a marriage in Birmingham where the 3rd child of the couple was born ...

Name: Edith Mary Cole ?
> Birth Date: 10 Jan 1915
Date of Registration: Mar 2001
Age at Death: 86
Registration district: Mansfield
Inferred County: Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire
Register Number: A30D
District and Subdistrict: 6871A
Entry Number: 195

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 7 Oct 2014 18:55

(edit, below was in reply to a now deleted post)

a marriage for ...... Edith Mary Cartwright, to a Cole - ?

with a death record that matches the dob of Edith M Cartwright ...

I am assuming that since ladysmock knows Edith's middle name, she knows something of her later life ...