Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

jersey look up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Oct 2014 14:24

hi everyone just wondered if anyone has access to the jersey records ,I am looking for a jean c lamer I believe she moved to jersey about 1956, so I am either looking for a marriage or a death. many thanks steph

Mike *

Mike * Report 1 Oct 2014 15:04

Is this her ?

MARRIAGE
Jean C Lamer ( Or Tomson )

Spouse : James F Nicholson

Date of Registration:Jan-Feb-Mar 1953

Registration district:Battersea
Inferred County:London

Volume Number:5c
Page Number:80

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Oct 2014 15:34

yes this is her she changed her name by deed poll to lamer after her divorce from her first husband joseph picard,but on the 1955 electoral roll for London she is down as lamer again so she must have left Nicholson ,after this there is no trace of her and I was told she went to live in jersey

Mike *

Mike * Report 1 Oct 2014 17:02

When was she born ?
Was her maiden name Tomson ?
Do you know of any relations ? children, parents etc ?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Oct 2014 17:11

Jerseylily has a look up thread - although she tends to assist with historical data (PR etc) she 'might' be able to help you.

JERSEY LOOK-UPS OFFERED
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1120035

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 1 Oct 2014 17:18

she was born around 1915 ,yes her maiden name was Thomson I know she never had any children but iddont know any other relations .thank you I will try the jersey look-ups

Mike *

Mike * Report 1 Oct 2014 17:23

There are no births for Jean C Thomson/Tomson/Thompson around 1915.

You could do with her age and her father's name from her marriage cert to Joseph Picard in 1940