Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tomlinson help AGAIN Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 10:56

Good Morning. ...I am still banging on abt my Tomlinson crew again. ..I just cannot for the hell of it find a baptism for Margaret Tomlinson. .she was born 1829/30c..her father is down as Robert Tomlinson ( a bricklayer) on her marriage certificate ...I have searched the baptisms on ancestry and found quite a few names with this Fathers name and same occupation in Manchester so ime assuming that I might for once be on the right track snd that they could be margaret s sibling's...Hence I need this confirmed :-)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Sep 2014 11:18

Cane, it might be better to add this to your other thread about the Tomlinsons, in case research gets duplicated.

If not, at least people can have a look here for background:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1325540?page=0

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Sep 2014 11:20

Can I just ask who the witnesses were on the marriage cert?

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 25 Sep 2014 11:21

This Robert is a bricklayer, but unlikely to have fathered Margaret 1829/1830.

Name: Hannah Tomlinson
Baptism Date: 22 Feb 1829
Parish: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Phillimore Ecclesiastical Parish Map:
View this parish
Father: Robert Tomlinson
Mother: Letticia Tomlinson
Register Type: Bishop's Transcripts
Reference Number: Drm 2/154

Name: Lettice Tomlinson
Baptism Date: 6 Apr 1831
Parish: Manchester, Lancashire, England
Phillimore Ecclesiastical Parish Map:
View this parish
Father: Robert Tomlinson
Mother: Lettice Tomlinson
Register Type: Bishop's Transcripts
Reference Number: Drm/2/157

Can you tell us the children of bricklayer Robert that you have found please? I assume that you have then found those children on census records.

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 11:43

How do I add it jan

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 11:46

Jan..the witness's were:William Davies & Harriet Marsh

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 25 Sep 2014 11:48

Just post your new query as a reply - this will bump the thread to the top of the boards.
You might also edit the heading (by clicking 'edit' on the first posting) to something like 'new query 26/9' which will prompt people to have a look.
I wouldn't do this now as this current thread has taken off, but you might use it in the future maybe.
Jan

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 11:51

This Robert Tomlinsonwas married 3 times apparently 1812 to Mary thompson , then he declares himself a widow in 1815 when he marries Sarah radley, and after that he marries lettice Dale 1827 marital status widower

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 12:02

The Margaret who married Edward Walsh in 1845 is my 3 x grandmother.. they had a daughter margaret ellen walsh born 1847 whome I have never been able to trace on any censuses.They also had a son william, a son Robert, Daughter Mary Jane..and my 3 x gran sarah ann walsh

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 12:13

Thanks jan & for the link....

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 25 Sep 2014 13:03

was she really aged only 15 when she married?

Was her father a witness when she married?

Have you found her with him in 1841?

You haven't said WHERE this woman was born

ADDED

On your OTHER thread, you say she was of FULL age.....so over 21.

Your maths is a bit iffy...........lol!

I'll leave this now, as duplication of effort is waste of time.

cane

cane Report 25 Sep 2014 14:53

I know thats what I found rather odd...On Margaret s death certificate her daughter sarah ann is the informant and gives her mothers age as 62yrs old in 1891
I am only typing what I am reading on the certificates..Margaret Tomlinson was married to edward walsh on 8th september 1845..They both state that they are of Full age..it was also a banns marriage.....the address on their marriage certificates Lloyd street hulme...I noticed it last night on the census of edward walsh e's parents....also on l p c sight. ..there is the birth details for their daughter margaret ellen walsh, being brought to this address after birth..