Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR newspaper look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maddie

Maddie Report 6 Sep 2014 13:22

Whilst searching the net I found this but cannot access it on GR. I would be very grateful if someone could access it for me

Search British Newspaper Archive - Genes Reunited
www.genesreunited.com.au/searchbna/results?...none...0...2
Cape Town, of paralysis, Henry Dunning Beckford Harvey, eldest and only surviving son of the late Capt. Harvey, of the as. Normandy, L. and S.W. Steampacket .

Henry was born 1849 in Southampton.

thank you
Maddie

Choccy

Choccy Report 6 Sep 2014 13:40

Hampshire Advertiser - 4th October 1884

On the 5th September at the New Somerset Hospital, Cape Town, of paralysis Henry Dunning Beckford Harvey, eldest and only surviving son of the late Capt. Harvey, of the SS Normandy, L & SW Steampacket Company, in his 36th year.

Gee

Gee Report 6 Sep 2014 13:43

Just to add his occupation

Name: Henry Dunning Beckford HARVEY
•Sex: M
•Birth: 8 JAN 1849 in Southampton, Hampshire
•Death: 5 SEP 1884 in Cape Town, South Africa

Maddie

Maddie Report 6 Sep 2014 13:45

thanks Choccy and Gins,
his poor mother lost her husband at sea then her eldest son and now Henry. Left with 4 daughters to raise.

Maddie

Gritty

Gritty Report 6 Sep 2014 13:48

His father?

Published: Hampshire Advertiser 26 March 1870

On the 17th Inst, at sea, Captain Henry Beckford Harvey, of the ill fated steamship Normandy, son of the late Captain Henry Dunning Harvey, of Weymouth, aged 55.

Maddie

Maddie Report 6 Sep 2014 14:04

sure is Gritty
thank you
Maddie