Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 23 Jun 2014 12:43

hi, have you got problems your end, as I can not get my emails up, and each time I put john day born 1812 fyfield berks, married to fanny wix 10/12/1833 fyfield. berks, or dxon, it disappears,and this is not the first time,i like to know why, can you help please, Yvonne,

Potty

Potty Report 23 Jun 2014 12:57

Looks like you are having a problem with the site, Yvonne. Nobody on the Community Boards can help you will need to contact GR's support:

[email protected]

Mike *

Mike * Report 23 Jun 2014 23:40

Was she Wix or Wicks ?

Name:
Frances Wicks

Christening Date:15 Dec 1811
Christening Place:Fyfield, Berkshire, England

Father's Name:Thomas Wicks
Mother's name:Phebe

Correct family ?

Frances Day

Estimated birth year:abt 1812
Relation:Wife
Spouse's Name:John Day
Where born:Fyfield, Berkshire, England

John Day 39 - Agr Labourer - Fyfield, Berkshire
Frances Day 39
Charlotte Day 14
Ann Day 12
Martha Day 3
Alice Day 1

Mike *

Mike * Report 23 Jun 2014 23:41

John Day 48
Frances Day 49
Martha Day 14
Alice Day 11
Bridford Day 9
Albert Day 8
Charles Day 4

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 24 Jun 2014 11:28

thank you, I have the name wix, is fyfield berks, and oxon, is that right, Yvonne,

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 24 Jun 2014 13:22

Yvonne

There are 2 places named Fifield one was in Berkshire adjacent to Marcham and Kingston Bagpuize until 1974 when the county bounderies were changed-it is now in Oxfordshire

The other Fifield is in the northwest of Oxfordshire on the border with Gloucestershire-so both are now in Oxfordshire

I have the P/Rs for both on fiche and the info given by Mike is correct (the name seems to be spelt as Wix and Wicks) for the Fifield originally in Berkshire

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 25 Jun 2014 16:19

thank you so much, Yvonne,

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 28 Jun 2014 17:31

hi ,I have looked at the cecsus for antony g day ,ifound his marrage, in 187marrage to nancy j perbrick on june qrt, 1974, vol 29, page 2062, , nancy was born 1955, unk, but can not find her birth, or death, I have been though the cecsus ,with out suscess, can you put ths right for me please, Yvonne,

Sirius

Sirius Report 28 Jun 2014 17:57

Birth for Nancy probably

June 55

PURBRICK Nancy J HADLAND Abingdon 6a 10