Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Info on Micheal John Banks Hoskins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

EllenS

EllenS Report 9 Jun 2014 09:43

Hi, I recently received a message on Ancestry regarding my Grandfather Michael John Banks Hoskins. None of my family really knew him and all the info I found on him and his mother was on Genes reunited and Ancestry. Here is the message. Micheal John Banks Hoskins was my first cousin 1x removed - a) Micheal's father, Christopher Marsden, is my great uncle [his sister Agnes May Marsden -- Agnes May Bryan is my grandmother]. I have a photo of him and his wife May Gwendolen Hoskins on my tree]; b) My paternal grandmother was Agnes May Bryan {born November 26 1903 in Castleconnell Co Limerick, Ireland and she passed in November of 1995 in Colchester, Essex, England]; c) my mother is Joan Ellen Bryan - married name Joan Rainey whose mother was Agnes May Bryan.

Unfortunately I can not replie or look at this guys tree (AHRainey) as I don't have an active subscription with Ancestry. Micheal went by the name of Michael Banks and his mother May Gwendoline Hoskins went by the married name of Banks before she married Christopher Marsden but there is no marriage for her to a Banks?? Michael died in 1993 going by the name of Michael Stanley Banks?? Can anyone help me find info on Christopher Marsden please past and present.

All help is much appreciated

Thank you in advance

Ellen

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 9 Jun 2014 09:53

1904 abt
Aldershot, Huntingdonshire

Christopher Marsden
Birth abt 1904 in Aldershot, Huntingdonshire
Death June 16, 1963 in Wood Green, Middlesex, England

Residence
1911 2 Apr Age: 7
Military, England
Age in 1911: 7; Relation to Head: Son

Death
1963 16 Jun Age: 59
Wood Green, Middlesex, England

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 9 Jun 2014 09:56

His parents.

William Edwin Marsden
Birth about 1881 in Barnsbury, Middlesex, England
Death December 1962 in Colchester, Essex, England

Dos'nt have the maiden name of the mother.

Elizabeth A. Marsden
Birth abt 1857 in Kentish Town, Middlesex, England

Siblings:-

Mary R Ryan
1881 –

Alice Marsden
1888 –

Edith Marsden
1890 –

Charles P. Marsden
1896 –

Agnes May Marsden
1903 – 1995

Christopher Marsden
1904 – 1963

William Edwin Marsden
1907 –

Ada Elizabeth Marsden
1909 – 1943

Charles Patrick Marsden
1911 –

There are quite a lot of pictures on this tree.

Potty

Potty Report 9 Jun 2014 09:56

Ellen, the tree you mention is a public one, so you should be able to view it on the Mundia site. I am not sure if you will be able to contact the owner through that site.

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 9 Jun 2014 09:58

I was just going to say that Potty said!

EllenS

EllenS Report 9 Jun 2014 10:01

Hi, thank you. I did click on the public tree but payment for membership came up. I will try the other site you have mentioned. I was able to view the photos though on Ancestry

EllenS

EllenS Report 9 Jun 2014 10:13

Hi, I tried the Mundia site and all that came up was the info I put in about Christopher Marsden. I cant view the public tree on Ancestry

Dea

Dea Report 9 Jun 2014 10:20

But if you open the tree on Mundia which has the name in Ellen, you will be able to send a message to the tree owner.

Dea x

EllenS

EllenS Report 9 Jun 2014 10:46

Hi I finally managed to work out the Mudia site and I have sent Anthony a message. Hopefully he will reply soon