Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Leslie George Farnes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 7 Jun 2014 13:09

Looking for relatives of Leslie George Farnes b 1905 who married Frances Joan Wilberforce in 1949. Adopted a daughter Eleanor Evelyn Farnes b 1955.
Leslie was related to my father Howard W Rutledge but cannot find a link in my well researched tree. Have researched both adults back 200 years - but nothing !! Can anyone help please
Regards
Anne Rutledge

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:12

Where?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:13

For INFO

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
Age Gender First name(s) Last name Birth year Birth place Relationship Occupation Marital condition
36 Male CHARLES FARNES 1875 LONDON ST PANCRAS HEAD PROVISION SALESMAN MARRIED Image Transcription
32 Female ELENOR FARNES 1879 LONDON ST JAMES WIFE - MARRIED Image Transcription
5 Male LESLIE FARNES 1906 LONDON ST PANCRAS SON - -

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:14

Marriages Sep 1900 (>99%)
Blackburn Eleanor Pancras 1b 269
Farnes Charles George Pancras 1b 269

Births Mar 1875 (>99%)
Farnes Charles George Pancras 1b 5

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:17

How did you learn that this man was related to your father?

And on which side of your father's family was the connection?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:19

1911 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription

Age Gender First name(s) Last name Birth year Birth place Relationship Occupation Marital condition
36 Male FRANK HERBERT RUTLEDGE 1875 ESSEX LATCHINGDON HEAD TAILOR MARRIED Image Transcription
38 Female ELIZABETH RUTLEDGE 1873 LONDON MARYLEBONE WIFE - MARRIED Image Transcription
6 Male HOWARD WILLIAM RUTLEDGE 1905 LONDON BATTERSEA SON - - Image Transcription
19 Female FLORENCE SAXBY 1892 LONDON BATTERSEA SERVANT GENERAL SERVANT DOMESTIC SINGLE

Marriages Sep 1898 (>99%)
Rutledge Frank Herbert Wandsworth 1d 1138
Sterck Elizabeth Wandsworth 1d 1138

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:22

Name: Elizabeth Sterck
Christening Date: 11 Aug 1872
Christening Place: SAINT LUKE,WESTMINSTER,LONDON,ENGLAND
Birth Date: 21 Jul 1872
Father's Name: Richard Sterck
Mother's Name: Elizabeth
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C06219-1
System Origin: England-ODM

Marriages Sep 1869 (>99%)
Sterck Richard Westminster St J 1a 753
WALL Elizabeth Westminster, St. J. 1a 753

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:25

First name(s) LESLIE GEORGE
Last name FARNES
Gender Male
Birth day 16
Birth month 10
Birth year 1905
Age -
Death quarter 3
Death year 1969
District TONBRIDGE
County Kent
Country England
Volume 5F
Page 1660

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 7 Jun 2014 13:26

1891 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital condition Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
JAMES W FARNES HEAD MARRIED Male 44 1847 BOOT MAKER LONDON Image Transcription
LOUISA FARNES WIFE MARRIED Female 38 1853 - LONDON Image Transcription
JOHN J FARNES SON SINGLE Male 18 1873 PORTER LONDON Image Transcription
GEORGE C FARNES SON SINGLE Male 16 1875 CHEESEMONGER LONDON Image Transcription
FLORENCE L FARNES DAUGHTER - Female 14 1877 GENERAL SERVANT LONDON Image Transcription
ALICE E FARNES DAUGHTER - Female 11 1880 SCHOLAR LONDON Image Transcription
EVE R FARNES DAUGHTER - Female 9 1882 SCHOLAR LONDON

Anne

Anne Report 7 Jun 2014 14:45

Hi Reggie
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have got all the info you so kindly looked up. It was all correct. My father Howard Rutledge was an only child. When I was young he often referred to his "cousin Leslie". I have a photo of them together - Inscribed on back, "Howard and Cousin Leslie". Leslie was actually wearing some of my father's out grown clothes (noticed from previous pix of my dad) My mother was in touch with Leslie and his wife Joan following my father's death in 1959. I met them and their adopted daughter Evelyn at my wedding in 1964. They kept in touch with me and sent me lovely birthday presents. I know their dates of death and where they lived. Evelyn married (have details) and may have gone to live in Germany. After that, contact with her was lost. I have been researching my tree since 2006 and have once again tried to find this missing link. I have found the following.
My father's uncle Ernest William Rutledge married an Edith M Fish in 1896. A Florence S Farnes married a William H Fish in 1921. Have checked the relatives of Edith to see if William H Fish is one of hers. Also checked Florence Farnes against all my Farnes ancestors - Nothing ties in ----that's why I posted this thread
You have done brilliantly finding my "clan".Very many thanks for that

Kindest regards
Anne Rutledge