Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

EXACT DATES OF BIRTH on records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 3 Jun 2014 19:33

Good evening

Just a query - Is it possible to see Exact dates of birth (rather than just the quarter and year) on this or any other site without purchasing a birth certificate?

Many thanks ;-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jun 2014 19:36

Sometimes you hit lucky if you find a parish record for a baptism - sometimes they give the actual date of birth, but not always. Depends where and when.

Also, if someone died from late 1960s onwards the date of birth may be on the death index.

Joseph

Joseph Report 3 Jun 2014 19:37

Occasionally Baptisms on this site

http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/births.php

give DoB

CasCas

CasCas Report 3 Jun 2014 19:51

Thanks for the replies Peeps. I thought they werent available but didnt think about the Parish records.

Regards
Cassie
:-D

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 3 Jun 2014 19:58

Cassie, providing the people in question aren't still alive you could always post details on here so someone with subs to other sites can check or offer advice.

CasCas

CasCas Report 4 Jun 2014 15:49

Thanks Marie -
I was actually trying to win an argument to be honest.

I helping a lady to trace someone in her family and build a tree which I am happy to do for free but someone else also offered to help who I suspect was getting payment. It appeared to me that the information was being made to "Fit" what the lady was looking for and she insisted that exact dates of birth were available on this and another site. I checked for myself and the information just wasnt there but I wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something.

Thanks for all the replies!
Cassie

:-)

Dea

Dea Report 4 Jun 2014 15:58

Death certs from. I think. the 1980's onwards also tend to give the date of birth if it was known and stated by the informant.

Dea x

jax

jax Report 4 Jun 2014 16:09

Date of births were added in I think the 2nd quarter of 1969 to death certs...as I believe my grandparents were one of the first to have their birth dates recorded....unfortunately my grandfather had lied about his age so of course his death cert is wrong

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 4 Jun 2014 16:13

I think you're possibly right to be suspicious Cassie!

CasCas

CasCas Report 4 Jun 2014 20:17

Thanks everyone

The person the lady was hoping to find is still living.
I was aware of DOBs on death records but knew she was still alive.
The fact that the lady was told the dob info was here on genes and I knew it wasnt made me suspicious. The person we're looking for isnt on any trees either so the info hadnt come from there either.

I think it was a case of information being made to 'fit' a request but just wanted to be sure.
Thanks for the reasurrance peeps
Cassie ;-)