Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sedgley Staffordshire, All Saints Burials

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ken2

Ken2 Report 1 Jun 2014 13:36

I have found on Freereg a burial of my wife's great great grandfather, George Covell, on 16 Jul 1894 [abode Wolverhampton] at All Saints, Sedgley, and wondered if there was a monumental inscription. His wife Phoebe Covell [nee Hopcroft] died in the second quarter of 1907 and I suspect she is with him - Freereg don't have burials for this date.

Any information you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 1 Jun 2014 14:28

I can't see anything on Find My Past

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Jun 2014 14:28

Apart from their death registrations........I'm not seeing anything on Ancestry either.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jun 2014 00:33

All Saints' Parish Church, Vicar Street, Sedgley DY3 3SD, West Midlands
Tel : (01902) 883255 | Email: Webmaster

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jun 2014 00:35

Graveyards - The Ancient Manor of Sedgley

sedgleymanor.com/churches/c_of_e/graveyards.html

Anglican cemeteries in current All Saints' parish, Sedgley, ... with a few early 20th C added inscriptions. Vicar Street cemetery: ... There are quite a few records ...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jun 2014 00:36

Gornal and Sedgley | Genealogy

www.gornalandsedgley.org.uk/genealogy

All Saints' images 2010; Junior Church; Sedgley's ... Another source of information is the inscriptions on ... with plans of All Saints’ three burial grounds at ...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jun 2014 00:37

Sedgley - GENUKI: UK & Ireland Genealogy

www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/STS/Sedgley/index.html

A transcript of the monumental inscriptions of the parish church of All Saints, ... "Sedgley parish church, All Saints, ... Church Records.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jun 2014 00:37

Staffordshire Look-up Exchange - Virgin Media

freespace.virgin.net/willen.hall/sts.html

... All Saints Parish Registers ... Church Eaton, St Editha Parish ... St Augustine Monumental Inscriptions: June Greenough. Sedgley All Saints Gospel End Street Cemetery

burials - John Owen Smith

www.johnowensmith.co.uk/burials/burials.htm

Burials at All Saints ... covering the transcription of Burial records for the whole of ... is a Monmumental Inscription associated with a burial, ...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 2 Jun 2014 00:38

STAFFORDSHIRE BURIAL INDEX - BMSGH Search Services

www.bmsgh.org/search/st_burials_Index.html

STAFFORDSHIRE BURIAL INDEX : Co-ordinator: Mr Tony Bowers, ... such as some Monumental Inscriptions and Quaker burials. ... All Saints formerly St. Clements

Ken2

Ken2 Report 2 Jun 2014 13:09

Ann

Many thanks for all your links.

I'll investigate them all and post back here my results.

Ken2

Ken2 Report 2 Jun 2014 14:04

Ann

The Genuki site points to published Monumental Inscriptions by the Birmingham & Midland SGH, and to Dudley Archives Service for burial registers [BMSGH only have burials at Sedgley to 1837]

The Staffs Look Up exchange has a contact for Sedgley MIs but just sent an email to the contact person, Lisa Kadir, and my email was returned 'delivery failed' so guess it's an out of date email.

I note the BMSGH has a library in Birmingham so next time I plan a visit to the city I'll give them a ring. Birmingham is only 32 miles north of where I live.

Thanks again for all your advice.

Ken

Ken2

Ken2 Report 3 Jun 2014 11:26

Thanks for that.

I have checked out the Dudley Archives Website and they have the burial registers [originals and microfilm ] but as they charge £10.50 per half hour research fees I may wait till I next visit Birmingham.