Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Terence Peter Taylor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 19:53

Hi everyone, i was hoping that maybe someone could help me with a search of Terence Peter Taylor, i don't have access to ancestry or find my past and there don't seem to be a lot on here about him.
The info i have is Terence Peter Taylor was born 1936 Shoreditch London, mothers name Talbot, he was married in1960 islington to Maureen Goodger and died 1962 Battersea age just 26.
I would really appreciate any help, thanks in advance.
Tracy
P.s i don't have any other info on him apart from Terence and Maureen had 1 daughter named Teresa.
Thanks again

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 May 2014 19:55

Tracy, the best place to start is Freebmd:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

This might be him - 'Talbot' is mother's maiden name:

Births Jun 1936 (>99%)
TAYLOR Terence P Talbot Shoreditch 1c 81

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 May 2014 19:58

Good chance these are the parents of the above, but if you want to be 100% sure you need to get Terence's marriage cert for his father's name:

Marriages Sep 1932 (>99%)
Talbot Ethel M Taylor Shoreditch 1c 95
Taylor James Talbot Shoreditch 1c 95

Jan

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 20:00

Hi Jan,
Thanks for your reply, yes i have the info you just sent me, i was hoping there might be more about him somewhere.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.
Tracy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 May 2014 20:01

Tracy, in that case you will need to be more specific about what you are trying to find out.
Are you aware of possible siblings?
Jan

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 20:03

Thanks Jan for the marriage info, i didn't have that.
Thanks again for helping me.
Tracy

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 20:08

Hi Jan,
No i don't know any more about him then what i have said,.
i would like to find out about his death as he died so young, the story goes that he died in prison, some say the prison wardens beat him to death and others say that he grassed on someone and the inmates beat him to death, but you know what storys are like lol. but any other info on him would be great too.
Tracy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 May 2014 20:12

In that case, I would suggest a few things.
Firstly, I would get his death cert. This will give you place and cause of death.
There might be newspaper reports if the death was unusual.
Have you tried contacting any other family members?
Jan

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 20:24

Hi Jan,
yes tried family members and they are only saying the story's above and no one wants to say any more about it, so there must be something there right lol.
i'll see if my cousin has a copy of his death cert then that will give me the info you said. did't try the newspapers and if it was an unusual death then there would be a coroner's report to. Do you know where the best place is to look at old papers ?
Thanks again Jan for your help i really appreciate it.
Tracy

Dea

Dea Report 31 May 2014 20:31

Get the death cert first and then maybe we can help you with the newspaper reports if necessary.

Dea Xx

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 31 May 2014 20:32

There are some online newspapers I believe, but I don't have any experience of accessing these - hopefully another member can advise.

Otherwise, you can find newspaper archives at the nearest main library to the area. Battersea seems to be covered by Wandsworth.

I think this might be the site for their heritage service - if nothing else turns up, you might try contacting them and explaining what you are looking for:

http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/info/200064/local_history_and_heritage/888/heritage_service

Jan

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 20:38

Ok, Thanks Dea, i'll have a talk with my cousin.

Tracy

Tracy

Tracy Report 31 May 2014 20:40

Ok, Jan i'll have a look now and see if i can find anything.
Thanks again Jan for helping me.

Tracy

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 1 Jun 2014 05:13

you could try googling his name .................... it might have hit the newspapers, and been picked up by Google

Tracy

Tracy Report 1 Jun 2014 18:47

Hi Sylviain,

Yeah tried that but nothing come up on him, but thanks for the tip.

Tracy