Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

records from Mauritius/La Reunion

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eunice

Eunice Report 25 Mar 2014 18:21

For my husbands cousin. Pierre Maurice Courtiade married Yvanna Hoareau in Mauritius early 1900's. We know that Yvann's parents were Paul Hoareau and Louisa Simpson, but we do not have names of Pierre Maurice's parents. Can anyone out there access married registers in Mauritius or La Reunion? (Paul H was born in La Reunion). Have asked the same question on other community sites but have got nowhere so far :-(
Eunice

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Mar 2014 19:10

This says La Reunion records are scheduled to be on
FamilySearch - but the article's dated 2012, and it doesn't say when it's likely to happen.

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Reunion_Island_Vital_Records_Index_%28FamilySearch_Historical_Records%29

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Mar 2014 19:14

I don't know if you've seen this or not - or maybe even contributed to it? I haven't trawled through it, so don't know if there's anything relevant to your family:

http://boards.ancestry.com/SearchResults.aspx?dir=back&sortKey=CIAAIf0A1REe&pOff=1&db=mb&gss=ancMB&hc=10&rank=0&adv=&p=localities.weurope.france.lareunion&csn=La%20Reunion&cst=board&gskw=hoareau&psrch=&_F00029CB=&_F00027E2=&period=&_F0002BF1=&_80004003=

Eunice

Eunice Report 25 Mar 2014 20:13

I have not found anything yet about La Reunion, but certainly will pass the links of to David's cousin Marie Jacs! Thank you :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 25 Mar 2014 21:01

Genealogy of Mauritius - Mauritius Historical Records
surnames.meaning-of-names.com/genealogy/mauritius Cached
Research Mauritius Genealogy, Mauritius historical records, and participate in Mauritius genealogy forums and more. We have compiled a list of the best Mauritius .

Eunice

Eunice Report 25 Mar 2014 21:36

oooooooohhh thank you very much!!!! looks interesting!