Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

The Taylor family from Paisley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Robert

Robert Report 15 Mar 2014 18:46

I cant find any records of my Mother Jeannie Morrison Allison Oddonnel Taylor or her sister Elizabeth,or brothers Frank,John and Robert.Can anyone help please

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 15 Mar 2014 19:14

Where have you looked please Robert? Have you tried Scotlandspeole and selecting forename variants? Her birth may not be registered as Jeannie but Jean, Jane or some other variant.

Are you sure that she or any of her siblings were born in Paisley?

greyghost

greyghost Report 15 Mar 2014 19:16

You need Scotlands People website
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Pay to view - £7 for 30 credits (1 credit will get you a list, of up to approx. 25 possibles) and if allowed 5 credits would get you the image of the certificate which you could then download. However births under 100 yeras ago aren't available to view (75 years marriage, 50 years death) The Reference number is there for ordering, details how to are on the site

No Year Surname Forename Sex District City/ County/ MR GROS Data

1933 TAYLOR JEANIE M A O'D F PAISLEY /RENFREW 573/01 1539

Your mothers details are there, I'll let you use your own credits to find the siblings

Try to give a bit more info next time, an idea of the years we are looking for would be a big help!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 16 Mar 2014 09:40

Hello Robert and welcome to the Community Boards.

Note: I'll let Robert know that he has replies to his query.