Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death record.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve,G

Steve,G Report 9 Mar 2014 09:22

Morning everyone, I was wondering if anyone could find me a death index (2009) so I can order a death cert.

Many thanks,

Steve. :-)

patchem

patchem Report 9 Mar 2014 10:04

Guidance from the GRO website:

You can also search for index reference numbers for free at:
Library of Birmingham
Bridgend Reference and Information Library
City of Westminster Archives Centre
Newcastle City Library
Plymouth Central Library
The British Library (you’ll need to register first)

These are the only complete copies of the full sets of index reference numbers. They’re on microfiche.

View index reference numbers locally
Some of the index reference numbers are available at local libraries, archives and other locations.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Mar 2014 10:05

Records as recent as that are not on line

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 9 Mar 2014 16:29

And if you do find the right reference number, they will ask why you want it and you have to prove you are related.

I do not think you can even order the most recent Certificates online.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Mar 2014 17:03

DC thats not correct,

The GRO will supply Certified copies of any entries provided that the applicant supplies sufficient particulars about the event to enable the entry to be correctly identified

It's just the recent index thats not available online, After 2005/6 you cannot search them online but you can see them at certain locations,

Google for the locations that hold them.

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Mar 2014 18:27

The location info was posted at 10.04

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Mar 2014 22:00

Reggie, I saw the details posted at 10.04 sorry didn't make it clear i meant Google for the actual addresses

Roy

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 9 Mar 2014 22:20

Just for info:

Scottish deaths up to and including 2012 can be searched online at ScotlandsPeople. GROS ref is also shown, and extracts can be ordered online.