Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robert Goodwin c 1771

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steven

Steven Report 5 Mar 2014 20:55

Hi everyone,

I was hoping that someone could assist me in any information prior to my oldest direct bloodline relative.. Robert Goodwin c 1771 he was married to a Mary Chapman c 1775 and had at least 2 children Elizabeth c 1798 and Robert C Goodwin 1797 -1844 (my direct line)
Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Steve Goodwin

jax

jax Report 5 Mar 2014 20:58

Where abouts in the world were they from?

Steven

Steven Report 5 Mar 2014 21:08

LOL.. sorry jax.. completely forgot to put that in.. could have been Mars !

Seriously now.. Robert was from St Gregory, London, England and Mary from St Giles Cripplegate..

The child Robert Chapman Goodwin.. I have the birth, christening and death .. documents ..

Thanks again.. Steve

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Mar 2014 21:08

??????

Name: Robert Goodwin
Spouse: Mary Chapman
Marriage: 4 Feb 1796 - St Marylebone

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Mar 2014 21:10

Don't know if this is from your tree

Name:
Robert Goodwin

Birth: 6 Feb 1770 - England
Death: 1842 - Suffolk, England
Marriage: 4 Feb 1796 - London, England
Parents: Robert Goodwin, Mary Williams
Spouse: Mary Chapman

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Mar 2014 21:13

Robert Goodwin
Birth 1744 in City of London
Death 1795 in St.Gregory by St.Paul London

Name:
Robert Goodwin ( Senior)

Baptism Date:27 Jun 1744
Parish:St Giles, Cripplegate
Borough:City of London

Parent(s):
Robert, & Susannah
Record Type:Christening
Register Type:Parish Register

jax

jax Report 5 Mar 2014 21:14

You also have this thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1244925

Mike *

Mike * Report 5 Mar 2014 21:14

Name:
Robert Goodwine

Marriage Date:19 Sep 1731
Parish:St Pancras Old Church
Borough:Camden

Spouse:Susana Waters
Record Type:Marriage
Register Type:Parish Register

Derek

Derek Report 5 Mar 2014 21:15

Robert Goodwin1770 was one of three children of Robert 1745 and Mary.......the other two were Edward james 1774 and Nargaret 781...
Robert Goodwin did indeed marry MARY CHAPMAN 04.02 1796......and had I think four children..

Derek

Steven

Steven Report 5 Mar 2014 21:18

I don't think that is from my tree Mike .. as I do not have an exact dob .. but did have the marriage date 04/02/1796
So my Roberts father was also a Robert and his mother a Mary ?

Steven

Steven Report 5 Mar 2014 21:26

Thanks Jax.. I posted that thread way back in 2010.. I am only just now getting back into my family tree and still a novice at getting around the site..getting older and memory must be fading.. lol

And wow .. I am overwhelmed with the information that all you guys are producing.. Mike, Derek and Jax,, This is looking like a whole new generation.. :-D

jax

jax Report 5 Mar 2014 21:32

If you go to my threads on the left hand side under tools, it will show you any previous threads you have made or replied to.

It may have been better just to have added to that one rather than start a new one, where the same info has now been looked up again

Steven

Steven Report 5 Mar 2014 21:49

Appreciate the advice Jax... I had completely forgotten all of that.. just got a little over excited with the new information..fingers did the typing before putting brain into gear..

Thank you everyone who replied to me.. it is very much appreciated.. I will digest all of this and hopefully keep tracing back to that cave where it all started ;-)