Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

purple stars

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

delilah

delilah Report 14 Feb 2014 19:14

Why can I not access my matches when I click on the star ??
Help please......!

Inky1

Inky1 Report 14 Feb 2014 19:42

Left click gets me matches. Right click gets something else.

You could try logging right out and back? Else that looks like you will have to message the GR team.

Edit - Afterthought.
I presume you mean any matches? If you are getting record matches but no tree matches, it simply means that no other GR tree has that same person ( name/year ) as you have.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Feb 2014 22:37

There's a purple star beside each person on your GR tree, Reggie (or anyone else interested).
The number on each star is the total number of supposed record and/or tree matches on GR for that person.

Inky1

Inky1 Report 15 Feb 2014 12:11

ArgyllGran,

There is not necessarily a purple star beside each person in a GR tree. It can only be there if there is another record existing in the GR databases.

I have many records in my tree without the star. They are primarily for folk with d.o.b's ranging from the late 1600's to the mid 1700's. Where no other GR member happens to be researching these particular families, and where GR does not have the parish records online.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 15 Feb 2014 12:24

I'd call it a purple rosette :-)

If you click on it it will tell you how many record matches and how many tree matches you have (and added they match the number in the rosette)

Then you click view to see the matches

Jude

delilah

delilah Report 15 Feb 2014 13:57

Thanks for replies. I have already tried the obvious with out result..! Hence the cry for help.
Looks as if there is a real problem .