Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

need to find a house /address for 1923

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 6 Feb 2014 21:48

can anyone help find this? The house was owned by a Rowland Duck, in 1923, Cambria Street Fulham London.
thanks if you can help. Linda

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Feb 2014 22:01

He is on Electoral as ROLAND

1918,1921 and 1922 at 13 Cambria St

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Feb 2014 22:07

So if you know the address what exactly do you need to find out ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Feb 2014 22:11

Is his death in 1923 in Islington

Linda

Linda Report 6 Feb 2014 22:11

wow, thank you, I was born in Cambria street, and all the while we lived there we had heard a "story" of someone being murdered in the house, but couldn't find out any details - EVER. Until tonight, someone - something helped me tonight, I just did a google search and his name flagged up with the person he murdered> and boy o boy its the same house I was born in. Thank you so so much for finding this for me. ever grateful. I can now tell my sister, the mystery is solved. :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Feb 2014 22:13

Name: Roland Duck
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1897
Age at Enlistment: 20
Residence: 13 Cambros St, Fulham - Cambria on image
Document Year: 1917
Regimental Number: 273440
Regiment Name: London District Labour Centre
Number of Images: 21

Did he marry in 1916 ?

Linda

Linda Report 6 Feb 2014 22:19

you are an angel ... thank you so very much. That can now be put to bed.
poor lady he murdered though she was only 23.

Linda

Linda Report 6 Feb 2014 22:21

yes he had two children, the lady in question was known as a prostitute. apparently his wife had felt sorry for her and let her stay at the house, well he started an affair with her, she had a disease and said he had it coming to him (the disease I suspect) and he cut her throat with a razor, turned himself in to Walham Green police station, the police found the body exactly where he said it would be, and I think he was hung!>