Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find My Past Look-up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 22 Jan 2014 22:12

Hi there, any chance I could get a look-up for these newspapers from Find My Past?

No problem if not but though I would ask - I really think I need to get a sub here!

1) Sudden Death at Middlesbrough.— Early this morning a woman, name unknown, about yeari, was found dead in bed Smitheringale's Market-place, Middlesbrough. Stockton Pouch Business. The only the list at the Stockton Poiice-court to-day were charge
Hartlepool Mail

North East, England

23/12/1886

2) as the doctor supposed, froi suffocation brought about by the swelling. Georgo Walton, aged 61, who haa be. living at Smitheringale'a lodging - hou for a week or two, complained on Sunday mornii. of pains in the side, which he attributed to bavin beeu
Daily Gazette for Middlesbrough

Yorkshire and the Humber, England

27/05/1890

Thank you

K

K Report 23 Jan 2014 07:23

At the moment the newspaper search is not working on Find My Past , but if you send me a pm with your email address I will send you a copy of them when it it working again.

Kay

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 23 Jan 2014 07:50

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/tips_board/thread/1232629

(could be worth joining above Peter, British Library 19th Century Newspapers also has the articles, free to join!, and perhaps some others you have asked for)

Chris :)

edits (found on Lancs. as below)

The North-Eastern Daily Gazette (Middlesbrough, England), Thursday, December 23, 1886. (keyword bed)

The North-Eastern Daily Gazette (Middlesbrough, England), Tuesday, May 27, 1890 (keyword walton)

Peter

Peter Report 23 Jan 2014 14:52

Thank you Chris - already on there but thank you for the advice! It is a fantastic resource!

And thank you Kay - PMd you!

Peter