Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ELIZABETH SMITH DEATH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 14 Jan 2014 13:40

Dear Members & Helpers

Lets have another try of finding the exact date of death of the above, married to Samuel Smith, who died May 1900, his profession was a Hatter.

Has anyone have the full details of a Elizabeth Smith death March 1928, registered St Pancras 1b 147.

Thank all in anticipation.

With kind regards.

JOHN.

jax

jax Report 14 Jan 2014 13:52

John you should add this to your other thread

It is also very unlikely that anyone will have the death cert unless you can find her on someones tree

The only thing you can do is purchase it if you think it is your lady

jax

jax Report 14 Jan 2014 13:55

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1336105

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1335679

jax

jax Report 14 Jan 2014 14:11

John

Would you please reply on the thread rather than private message

If you check deceasedonline there are a couple for that time scale buried in St pancras

But you need to purchase credits to view...although all I seem to remember it giving is age and address

https://www.deceasedonline.com/servlet/GSDOSearch

If her husband died in 1900 could she not have remarried?

jax

jax Report 14 Jan 2014 14:52

Address transcription
1911 census

report transcription change printer friendly version Search criteria used
Address: 35b Sidney Road South East Hackney London N E

485 SMITH, Elizabeth Head Widow F 57 1854 London St Lukes VIEW
485 SMITH, Edith A Daughter Single F 27 1884 Book Folder Brighton Susex VIEW
485 SMITH, Helena C Daughter Single F 25 1886 Typenumberer Brighton Sussex VIEW

Daughter Helena married later in 1911 to a William Nichols and died in Devon....could Elizabeth have moved in with one of her children?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jan 2014 15:35

To find the details, invest £9.25 in the death cert.............

...and please abide by site guidelines, which are.............ONE post per tiopic

John

John Report 14 Jan 2014 16:28

Dear Jax

Thank you for your messages, and taking an interest in my research for the death of Elizabeth Smith.

I think you will agree it is hard enough finding Elizabeth's death, but if she remarried, no hope. Also she could have moved in with one of her children, and died outside the London area, again makes my task almost impossible with ten children.

I was told by a relative Elizabeth died on her seven birthday, which would have been 22 March 1928, would a child remember this, and eighty years later? Have not trace such a death. However the Elizabeth Smith in my posting today at 13 40pm, registered St Pancras was buried 22 March 1928.

Jax, I do not like giving up. Thank you again.

With kind regards.

JOHN.

John

John Report 14 Jan 2014 16:31

Dear Reggie

Thank you for your message, which is appreciated.

I believe I have to keep my 'fingers crossed', and keep applying for copy death certificates !!!

With kind regards.

JOIHN.

jax

jax Report 14 Jan 2014 17:18

I remember as a child of about 6 or 7 being told a friend could not come to my birthday party as their grandmother had died that morning....so yes maybe this relative did remember as it was her birthday.

I do have a very good memory not 80 years just 50 for me :-D

John

John Report 14 Jan 2014 20:18

Dear Jax

Thank you for your message. I take your point.

Perhaps I should follow your judgement, take a chance, and order all copy death certificates for Elizabeth Smith who died on 22 March 1928. I'll let you know.

With kind regards.

JOHN,.