Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clifford Thomas Soper Born Plymouth 1913

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Greg

Greg Report 13 Jan 2014 18:47

Hi,

Is there any way someone could please find the parents first names on a record for Clifford Thomas Soper who was born in 1913 in Plymouth, Devon. I have found a record which gives the mothers maiden name as Beer. I am just wondering if he is another son of Frederick Norman Soper and Olive Beer who married in 1920. They had a son John Soper in 1921 and Brian James Soper in 1925 (who is my granddad).
Many Thanks
Laura

Mike *

Mike * Report 13 Jan 2014 19:14

Going on the location maybe this marriage is more probable for the parents of Clifford born in Plymouth

Marriages Dec 1905
BEER Lilian Ann Plymouth 5b 552
MEYERS Ambrose Samuel Plymouth 5b 552
SOPER William James Plymouth 5b 552
WALDRON Ida May Plymouth 5b 552

Mike *

Mike * Report 13 Jan 2014 19:18

William James Soper

Age in 1911:28
Estimated Birth Year:abt 1883
Birth Place:Plymouth, Devon
Civil Parish:Plymouth
County/Island:Devon

Street Address:22 Mainstone Avenue, Cattedown, Plymouth

Marital Status:Married 5 years

William James Soper 28
Lillian Ann Soper 27
Lillian Dorothy Soper - 4yrs 10 months
William Alfred James Soper 6/12

Greg

Greg Report 13 Jan 2014 19:20

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I didn't think there was another child as no one in the family knows anything of another child, but you never know!

Thanks
Laura

Greg

Greg Report 13 Jan 2014 19:20

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I didn't think there was another child as no one in the family knows anything of another child, but you never know!

Thanks
Laura

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 13 Jan 2014 20:46

Have found William James Soper's service records - Clifford Thomas Soper born Plymouth 12 August 1913 was the son of him and Lilian Ann Beer.

Greg

Greg Report 13 Jan 2014 21:11

Hi MarieCeleste,

Thank you very much for your help.

Laura