Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

edith olive gardiner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Jan 2014 16:41

I have started tracing my family history after having a massive operation. I am once again trying to find the burial place of my aunt Edith Olive Gardiner who was born in the fourth quarter of 1907 and died on 27th May 1930 at 69a Muirhead Avenue, West Derby, Lancashire. I have had no success with the cemetery searches. Any help would be gratefully received.
Many thanks for your time.
Margaret Shuttleworth

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Jan 2014 16:51

Could she have been buried in a local churchyard? You could check the records for any local churches at the County Records Office for Lancashire.

It's always possible that she was cremated and her ashes scattered or, less likely, that her body was donated for medical research.

Kath. x

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Jan 2014 16:58

I am pretty sure she was not cremated. My father told me she was buried in Anfield Cemetery but I spent two day searching the cemetery and also tried the records office in Liverpool all to no avail.
Thank you very much for replying

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Jan 2014 17:12

Have you tried the cemetery office if there is one at Anfield Cemetery? Most cemetery offices have their records on computer these days at it wouldn't take long for them to check their records. You shouldn't need to search round the cemetery.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jan 2014 17:16

No experience of what records the Records Office Liverpool hold but If she was buried in a Municipal Cemetery then the Parks & Cemeteries dept of the local Council should hold the records .

Give them the details from the death cert when asking for info . They may charge though for the look up ,Many Councils now do as they get more inquiries now from family researchers,

I was able to get details from Greenwich council for my grt gran who died in 1907 and was buried in a public grave, they gave me all the burial details .

Mike *

Mike * Report 8 Jan 2014 18:15

Is 1930 too early for her funeral arrangements to have been published in the local newspaper?

Margaret

Margaret Report 8 Jan 2014 22:37

I have tried all the papers

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jan 2014 22:56

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1260103

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1294079