Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shire green cemetery Sheffield look up......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 8 Jan 2014 11:48

Hi I'm looking for a grave in shire green cemetery. I would like the grave no.s the section: and pictures if at all possible.... I would like to confirm dates of death and birth also... Any help is greatly appreciated... In the grave should be Clifford wood... Then Clifford wood again and Mary wood.. Also there may be a kevan wood ..

Thank you all once again

Wendy

Gee

Gee Report 8 Jan 2014 11:56

Transcriptions are not yet available for the cemetery

Currently in Progress

Norton Cemetery, Derbyshire Lane - Jun 06, 1869 to Oct 23, 1913 New (*1) Jan 02, 2014

Shiregreen Cemetery, Sheffield - 1927 to Sep 13, 1934 New Nov 11, 2013

Wendy

Wendy Report 8 Jan 2014 13:13

If anyone is going to this cemetery I would really like a photo of the gravestone.. I have been to it years ago so I know it's there.. It's on the edge but cannot remember which side... I live in Blackpool so it's really difficult to get there myself thanks

Wendy

Wendy Report 8 Jan 2014 13:21

They are situated up the path toward the crem then behind the Cree turn left and then 1st right up that path the grave is under a tree and against the back fence.. If that helps

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jan 2014 14:37

Contact the cemetery......and ask if they can help you.

If these people are related to you, one would have thought you'd know (at least approximately) when they were born and died.....................have you looked for info on freebmd?

Birth dates....and indeed death dates.............. are not necessarily on headstones.

Gee

Gee Report 8 Jan 2014 16:21

Contact details

Friends of Shiregreen Cemetery

Friends of Shiregreen Cemetery is a voluntary group which aims to improve the cemetery. Previously they have worked towards a new toilet block, repaved roads, speed signs, new benches, a new water supply, repaired the chapel, installed litter bins as well as planted trees and bulbs.

Currently the group organises:
• regular litter picks
• weeding in the cemetery
• fundraising for the war memorial which will be placed near the chapel

Address:
Please contact for details
Contact Name: Shirley Jeffcock, Chairperson
Telephone: 0114 231 0889
Mobile: 07547 741143
Email: [email protected]

Service/Activity Details:
Shiregreen Chapel
Shiregreen Cemetery
Shiregreen Lane
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S5 6AE (View Map)
Disabled Access Details: Wheelchair Accessible; Wheelchair Accessible Toilet;

Days and Times: Every 6 weeks at 1.30pm, please contact for details

Second Contact:
Contact Name: Nicolette Williams, Secretary
Telephone 1: 0114 257 7591
Mobile: 07867 542180

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 Jan 2014 23:21

Thanks for suggestions.. I haven't contacted friends of shire green as yet because I thought if someone was going there and if a picture or 2 wouldn't be too much trouble then that would be the easiest option....

If anyone is going to shiregreen cemetery still I would really appreciate it x

Wendy

Wendy Report 19 Jan 2014 00:51

Nudge