Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for the Ashender Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 8 Jan 2014 02:39

Hi, I am trying to find any information regarding the Ashender family in the Sussex area during the early 1800s.
Mike

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 8 Jan 2014 07:45

Have you looked at www.familysearch.org? Lots of Ashender/Ashendens there, many in the Hastings area.

Astra

Astra Report 8 Jan 2014 07:56

Hello Michael and welcome to the GR community.

Before anyone can help you some more information would be needed.

First names, marriages etc. whatever you know.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Jan 2014 09:53

How much research have you done yourself?

No point in our looking for that which you already know................

Also, it is better to be specific when requesting help......................

As you don't appear to have anyone of the name in a GR tree, we can't even guess who you are looking for.............

There is no record on any census of the name in Sussex.......unless it has been mis-transcribed

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 8 Jan 2014 15:01

A very large number of ASHENDENs on the census for Sussex.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 8 Jan 2014 15:21

808 to be precise!!!!

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 9 Jan 2014 11:16

As Mike is a new poster, I'll let him know that he has replies to his query. :-)

Michael

Michael Report 21 Jan 2014 04:03

Thanks everyone for your advice, it seems that the name I was asking about was in fact Ashenden, not Ashender. I have made some progress since I received your informative advice. Thanks again. Mike