Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Littlehales b1908 d1908,

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra

sandra Report 4 Jan 2014 21:16

I am trying to find the grave of George Littlehales who was born and died in Stoke-on-Trent in Sept 1908 (my uncle). His parents were Harriet and Jabez Rowe Littlehales and they had 13 children, starting in 1900.
Two later siblings who died in infancy/early childhood, were buried with Harriet's deceased Sister and Brother-in-law(Mary Ann and John Salisbury) in1915 in Burslem Cemetery and although Staffs BMD have a record of George's birth, they have none of his death, although it is given on "Genes" and "Free BMD".
I would so love to find where he is and pay my respects as I am now able to do with his other two infant siblings. Any suggestions?
Sandra

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 5 Jan 2014 19:37

The Parks & Cemeteries dept of the local council may have the record if he was buried in a municipal cemetery .

If you give them the details from the death cert they can do a search but they may charge as lots now do for such enquiries

Name: George Littlehales
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1908
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1908
Age at Death: 0
Registration District: Wolstanton
Inferred County: Staffordshire
Volume: 6b
Page: 65

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jan 2014 21:21

He would almost certainly have been interred with someone else............

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Jan 2014 22:39

If you can find the local church nearest to the address of the family at the time of George's death, then you could ask if they have a sexton's book which might give details of any burial.

My husband's baby brother died at just a few hours old and we found that he was buried in the same coffin as a 2 year old girl being buried at the same time.

As Reggie has already said, this was something that happened quite a lot.

You could also try the county records office for Staffordshire to see if they have burial records for the area.

Kath. x