Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

rose oneill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

thomas

thomas Report 18 Dec 2013 20:44

my aunt rose oneill was born co antrim about 1910 she stayed in the falls road bellfast in the 1960s can anyone out there tell me when she died or abot her next of kin.
thank you thomas

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2013 20:48

???

Census Years
Antrim
Dock Ward
Grove Street
Residents of a house

Residents of a house 37 in Grove Street (Dock Ward, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
ONeill John 25 Male Husband Roman Catholic
ONeill Rose Ann 24 Female Wife Roman Catholic
ONeill Elizabeth 3 Female Daughter Roman Catholic
ONeill Rose 1 Female Daughter Roman Catholic

Gee

Gee Report 18 Dec 2013 20:49

Hi

Do you know her parents names and is O'Neil her married or maiden name?

:-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2013 20:49

Or this one??

Census Years
Antrim
Enagh
Burnquarter
Residents of a house

Residents of a house 28 in Burnquarter (Enagh, Antrim)
Show all information
Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion
ONeill Matthew 35 Male Head of Family Church of Ireland
ONeill Elizabeth 25 Female Wife Church of Ireland
ONeill Mary 8 Female Daughter Church of Ireland
ONeill Stewart 7 Male Son Church of Ireland
ONeill Matthew 5 Male Son Church of Ireland
ONeill Matilda 3 Female Daughter Church of Ireland
ONeill Rose Ann M 1 Female Daughter Church of Ireland

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2013 20:51

???

Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958 Birth, Baptism & Christening
Name: Rose O'Neill
Birth: Jun 1910 - Belfast

Ireland, Civil Registration Births Index, 1864-1958 Birth, Baptism & Christening
Name: Rose O'Neill
Birth: Jun 1909 - Belfast

thomas

thomas Report 19 Dec 2013 00:27

thank you very much for your time and research,i am afraid i have little to go,i dont think she ever got married, i visited her in the early 60s she was roman catholic and stayed in falls rd belfast my grandmothers name was susan oneill who origionaly came from county westmeath i dont no the connection.
i thank you very much for your time,

thomas cody

thomas

thomas Report 19 Dec 2013 00:27

thank you very much for your time and research,i am afraid i have little to go,i dont think she ever got married, i visited her in the early 60s she was roman catholic and stayed in falls rd belfast my grandmothers name was susan oneill who origionaly came from county westmeath i dont no the connection.
i thank you very much for your time,

thomas cody

Maura

Maura Report 19 Dec 2013 14:44

Thomas your not going to get her death online, as BMD's stop at 1922 for N.Ireland. O'Neill is a very common name in Belfast. The Falls road is very big area. Your grandmother was Susan O'Neill, was O'Neill her maiden name or married name?, and what did you call Susan's husband?.

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 19 Dec 2013 17:13

Maura, from another thread, I think that Thomas's grandmother was Susan O'Neill who married in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire to Thomas Simpson Murray.

thomas

thomas Report 19 Dec 2013 17:37

susan oneill married thomas s murray in sept 1914.i think your right idont think i have any chance of finding about her. again i must thank you.
thomas

+++++++++++

Maura

Maura Report 19 Dec 2013 18:37

Thomas, had a look at your other post, if Susan married in Scotland, do you have their marriage cert, if so what Susan's parents names?

thomas

thomas Report 19 Dec 2013 23:49

her parents names were john oneill and catherine oneill ms whelehan married in 1874 in kilbeggan county westmeath, they had 7 off a family 6 born in ireland and 1 mary who was born in scotland .

+ ,john died in 1909 andcatherine died in1916 both died in 3 whifflet st coatbridge

Maura

Maura Report 20 Dec 2013 10:28

Thomas, you say Rose was born in 1910 in Co. Antrim, and that she was your aunt? but the Oneill family where in Scotland according to the census, and going by their mother age in 1901, she would been 55 when she had Rose. Could Susan have been Rose's aunt and that she was the daughter of one of Susan siblings?

Maura

Maura Report 20 Dec 2013 11:08

This is only guess work, but according to a tree on ancestry Susan's brother Charles married a girl in 1900 in Belfast, but no name given. There a marriage coming up in Belfast R.C. for a Charles O'Neill to an Alice O'reilly 1900. Charles father a John. They are back in Scotland in the 1901 census living.
John & Catherine had 7 children 5 where boys
Charles
Patrick
Michael
James
John
Susan
Mary
Their son John was born in Ireland 1885, there a John with a wife Rose Ann living in Belfast 1911, his age would fit
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Dock_Ward/Grove_Street/136765/
I cannot find a marriage for them in Belfast, but there's is not one site with complete BMD's for Ireland. There is however a marriage for 1907 in Scotland for a John O'Neill to a Rose Ann, it would be worth checking this out.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Dec 2013 12:59

Thomas

Would you please return to your other thread......and read ALL of the info posted

Thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Dec 2013 13:00

If the woman didn't marry, her next of kin would have been her father - info you already have.

thomas

thomas Report 20 Dec 2013 18:19

the john oneill that you refer to died age30,single on the 17th august 1915 at 3 whifflet st coatbridge. thank you very much for your help