Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Crookes cemetery sheffield look up/picture

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 17 Dec 2013 23:17

Can anyone please help me... I have found the grave of my great nan in crookes cemetary, sheffield that I have been looking for.. Please can anyone get a picture of it if possible for me... I live in Blackpool but I would love to see a picture of the grave... She is called Marion Pinder and she is buried with Lillie walker in a grave at G section grave number 5712 buried 21 February 1949.

Thank you so much

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Dec 2013 23:55

Wendy

You are going to have to remove your email addy as it is against the Terms and Conditions of this site to display it

Will send a pm

GB

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Dec 2013 10:51

Why don't you contact the authority which manages the cemetery........see if they can help you out

rootgatherer

rootgatherer Report 18 Dec 2013 11:11

Although there are no Sheffield entries on the site below, it may prove usefil for other areas.

http://www.gravestonephotos.com/index.php

Wendy

Wendy Report 18 Dec 2013 12:33

Thank you both for ur comments I have e mailed them but if anyone is going to crookes cemetery i would be grateful x

Wendy

Wendy Report 18 Dec 2013 21:26

Nudge

Wendy

Wendy Report 19 Dec 2013 08:43

Nudge

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 19 Dec 2013 09:10

PINDER, Marian (Widow, age 58).
Died at Royal Infirmary; Buried on February 21, 1949 in Unconsecrated ground;
Grave Number 5712, Section G of Crookes Cemetery, Sheffield.
Parent or Next of Kin if Available: ~. Remarks: Removed from Lancaster.

http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/

(what about the Message Forum on above)

Chris :)

edits (see you that have!)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Dec 2013 10:58

Why not wait until you get a response to your e-mail..........

Wendy

Wendy Report 19 Dec 2013 11:59

Thanks for that chris... I have this information I got it from Sheffield indexers myself but it's the inscription I would like or a photo would be even better .. But thank you..

Reggie
I have waited and as yet not hot a response!! Also I have asked for information previously and they have not been able to give any!!! So I tried here.... But
Your reply seems like your having a go at me.. Sorry if I'm wrong but that's the way it comes across!! Forgive me for thinking that's what these forums are for are they not??

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Dec 2013 18:24

How about contacting the local FH society?

http://www.sheffieldfhs.org.uk/

They might want you to subscribe or make a 'donation' if one of their local members is able to help.

A word of warning - not every grave has a headstone, and not every grave is owned for perpetuity - some are reused after a certain number of years

Wendy

Wendy Report 19 Dec 2013 21:00

Thank you that's really helpful I will try them

Wendy

Wendy Report 21 Dec 2013 00:39

Thanks everyone.. I got pictures from a really helpful gentleman.. The e mail I sent to the cemetery did not get me anywhere as I thought... Once again thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Dec 2013 09:16

Touchy, aren't you?

You came across as impatient.........perhaps you aren't.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Dec 2013 11:34

So pleased you got some pictures Wendy - hope it made the wait worthwhile.

These messages boards are, indeed, meant to be friendly and helpful places and most of us will give what help we can. I don't think you are touchy or impatient at all, you were simply asking for help and we all know how exciting it can be when you find something out.

Good luck in your research. :-)

Wendy

Wendy Report 21 Dec 2013 12:45

Thank you so much Cynthia... I really am excited to get the pictures... I agree most people on here are extremely helpful and I'm really happy someone could help me... However Reggie seriously I don't know why you are being the way you are with me because if my request bothered you then you should not have replied at all..

I was helped.. I am grateful.. Thanks to all those who genuinely want to help and share x

Dea

Dea Report 21 Dec 2013 13:03

Glad you got what you wanted Wendy.

Best of luck with your research and don't be afraid to ask on here again if you need any more help.:-)

Dea Xxx

Wendy

Wendy Report 21 Dec 2013 14:50

Thank you soo much Dea x

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 21 Dec 2013 22:04

You're very welcome Wendy. I would willingly go and take a photo if it was in my area and it would help someone, because I know what it means and the pleasure it would bring.