Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CLIPSHAM ASTLE OF WEST HAM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roger

Roger Report 15 Dec 2013 13:20

Anyone with a Clipsham Astle in their tree will be descended (Clipsham as middle name) is descended from a Clipsham-Astle marriage of 1834. Similarly Kingston Astle, of which I have details.. Please also note that most of the Clipshams of West Ham and Leigh-on-Sea are also connected to this tree, as indeed will be many Astles of West Ham.
This branch of ASTLEs is very numerous and so hard to disentagle So, if any of this rings bells, please contact me.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Dec 2013 13:51

You should do some searching .its unlikely anyone connected will see your enquiry

Use the Search Trees facility to see if anyone is researching the same family and then try to contact them

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Gee

Gee Report 15 Dec 2013 13:55

Looking at your other thread, are these related to the 'Gotch' family?

England & Wales, Non-Conformist and Non-Parochial Registers, 1567-1970

Name:Maria Clipsham

Birth Date:1 Mar 1810

Birth Place:Kettering, Northamptonshire, England

Event Type:Birth

Father:William Clipsham

Mother:Mary Gotch

Denomination:Baptist

Piece Title:Piece 136: Kettering, Silver Street (Baptist), 1773-1837

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Dec 2013 22:15

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1335130

Roger

Roger Report 16 Dec 2013 05:07

Thanks for the (quite accurate) lookup. However I've done all that research and a lot more, and am in contact with everyone who appears to be posting a relevant tree. I'm just posting to see if I can catch anyone who is approaching it from a different angle, to see if I can ring any bells. It's worked before!

Roger

Roger Report 16 Dec 2013 13:28

Yes, Maria married into a large branch of Astles in London & West Ham, and founded quite a sizeable branch of her own. Because of all these Astles it's hard to work out who's related. Genes Reunited contacts have been very helpful, but the One-Name Study does not seem to have much on this so far.