Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Looby

Looby Report 10 Nov 2013 18:18

I hope this is the right board. Please can anyone help, looking for a marriage in the last ten years for a Victoria Ouzman to Peter Pudderphat in London that's all the info I have. Thank you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Nov 2013 18:25

no such marriage listed sorry

Andrew

Andrew Report 10 Nov 2013 18:37

Records online only go to 2005.

Andy

patchem

patchem Report 10 Nov 2013 19:35

How are they related to you?

Thank-you

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 11 Nov 2013 00:59

I'm a little new here to be saying, but from my experience in other forums and gut feeling ... this seems to me to be rather personal recent information (including the 2002 location and previous marriage info) about people apparently living ... I suggest you contact the people in question and ask them directly rather than talking about them on the internet? If you google either name (with and without his initial), you will find some info that suggests they are now abroad.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Nov 2013 11:38

Couldn't agree more, Joonie.

People have a right to privacy..............

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 11 Nov 2013 16:46

Well I thought I WAS being discreet but obviously not

I didnt post full details of any address or the names or GRO records of any previous marriages. Did post the correction of the spelling of the male surname.

Have deleted as its seems to have rankled

Everyone has their own criteria of what they think is being helpful and not crossing privacy. No one is right or wrong .

Looby

Looby Report 11 Nov 2013 18:49

Please don't judge me. I am not able to ask my sister as she passed away in November, I was told she had married which was news to me just trying to confirm it also I did not know you could goggle someone's name. Thank you

patchem

patchem Report 11 Nov 2013 19:04

Looby,

Most of us were not judging you.

If you had given a little more information at the start it might have stopped the harsh comments.

You can imagine that you might have various ulterior motives for wanting to know the information if you were not related to either of them.

I hope that none of this has caused you unnecessary distress.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 11 Nov 2013 19:15

I'm sorry too if anyone thought my comment sharp, as Patchem says, it is always helpful to say what the reason for the search is. (Sometimes people are just looking for information to plonk into their family trees and don't stop to think that it is about real people.) I'm so sorry to hear of your recent loss and completely understand wanting to find out more about your sister.

I had found a LinkedIn profile that could be Victoria in France (but with no details) and also someone with Peter's name in France so I wondered about that. You might be able to contact that Peter at least through here:

http://www.allemansdudropt.com/bulletins/bm107ete11.pdf

it is in French but there is an email address for the organization at the very end.

edit just to note that there is no 'r' in Peter's surname. :-)

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 11 Nov 2013 19:17

Looby...firstly condolences. Agree with Patchem, nobody was judging you. You get some people on here asking for information about people who may still be living for all sorts of - not always honourable - reasons.

Was your sister called Victoria or was that her middle name?

Do you know who registered her death?

Jude

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 11 Nov 2013 21:27

Joonie

please note that this site does have a Board called Find Living Relatives.

specifically to find information on living relatives.

They also advertise this help, both on tv ads, and on their FB page ........ where many people do post very intimate information!

Many of us do not help with finding living relatives because we happen to agree with you about posting the names of living people on the internet.

Others help on that Board ....................... by sending pms containing the information to those who are asking.

GR has decided that this is a service that is needed .............. and we have to honour that decision.

I also happen to believe that people looking for missing children, birth parents or siblings, etc, need much more counselling help that they receive by searching on the internet ............ and that is my second reason for not helping to find living relatives.

But you did sound harsh .................... and this site DOES provide that service, if members wish to help.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 11 Nov 2013 21:37

Sylvia, thanks, what happened is that you missed some of the information that was posted in reply ... which was what I was actually talking about ... but still, did not mean to be harsh, was just a little concerned since at that point it was not known that Looby had lost her sister or even that this was her sister