Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

did they have more children help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katie

Katie Report 9 Nov 2013 23:23

I would like to know if my grandfather had more than 1 child with his first wife

What info I do have is hilda annie hoden 18yrs old married norman dunn 25 yrs old they were both registered as living at 68 belmont ave blackpool on the 11/05/1929 hilda father is thomas holden and norman father was henry thomas or thomas henry. they had a son norman dunn on 17/10/1929 and where still at 68 belmont ave.He died in 1930 they got divorced on 13th march 1961
Hilda was born 9.08.11 norman was born 22.2.1904
They both re married
Norman had a son with annie gawne, cameron 25.04.1945

Thankyou for any help

Katie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Nov 2013 23:24

you can check that on FreeBMD using their surname combination

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Nov 2013 23:28

are you sure her surname was Hoden??

this looks like the son Norman

Births Dec 1929
Dunn Norman Holden Fylde 8e 739

so mmn HOLDEN

Katie

Katie Report 9 Nov 2013 23:34

Sorry auto correct its holden

patchem

patchem Report 9 Nov 2013 23:35

Katie has put that Hilda's father is Thomas Holden.

There are several Holden/Dunn marriages in the Lancashire area, but Norman is the only Fylde birth.

Katie

Katie Report 9 Nov 2013 23:40

Thankyou

It made me wonder why they didnt get devorced until the 60s norman had my father in 45 but didnt marry my grandmother until the 60's
They were always poor so thought maybe keeping another child :-) thanks for your help

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 10 Nov 2013 09:03

Maybe they just couldn't afford to get divorced .it may be they qualified later for legal aid or they were then able to do a simple divorce on the grounds they had been separated for so long.

The grounds for divorce changed over the years and became easier to make the plea for divorce to be filed for