Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Batho born c 1696 Suffolk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 30 Oct 2013 14:35

Seeking authenticity of birth,marriage and death of Thomas Batho,who according to various other message boards and the Family Forest site was born in

1696 in Suffolk, married Elizabeth Woolnow in 1718 in Wingfield Suffolk and died in

Wingfield Suffolk. Also who was his father and mother.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 30 Oct 2013 15:03

You'll need to visit the Records Office for authentication

jax

jax Report 30 Oct 2013 21:43

There are quite a few trees on Ancestry that say his parents are Robert and Anne (Marsh)

Not that I can find any records so far for them

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 30 Oct 2013 22:37

Info from FamilySearch:

Wingfield, Suffolk
Church records

The Parish Registers begin in 1538. They can be viewed at the Suffolk Record Office. A copy of the registers from 1538 to 1900 can be purchased from the Suffolk Record Office. For pre 1813 Bishop Transcript entries you will need to look in Hoxne Deanry, Archdeaconry of Suffolk. Parish Chest records are considerable for Wingfield.

Irene

Irene Report 1 Nov 2013 17:26

Thanks Reggie, Jax and Beverley for your replies. It looks like we have to go back to the Suffolk Record Office as when I last went I couldn't find authentification of Thomas's birth. Like you Jax I have Robert and Ann as his parents but up to now haven't been able to confirm it. If it can be confirmed they are his parents then I have the rest of his line back to the 1500s.

I note your reply Beverley and I will see if I can purchase a copy of the register for Wingfield where I think he was born,

Thanks again

Irene

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 3 Nov 2013 19:49

Just a transcript of the marriage in 1718:

Parish Record Collection - Marriage Record

Year: 1718
Supplied Surname: WOOLNOUGH
Surname: WOOLNOUGH
Full First name: Elz
Supplied First Name: Elz
Spouse Surname: BATHOW
Spouse Full First name: Thomas
Spouse First Name: Tho
Place: WINGFIELD
County: Suffolk
Record source: Boyd's Marriage Index 1538-1840

Irene

Irene Report 5 Nov 2013 14:13

Thank you Kucinta for that. I did have his marriage and date to Elizabeth Woolnough, but although I have his parent as Robert and Ann, couldn't find confirmation of this and need it if everything else I have got going back further is correct.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2013 14:36

???????????????

Name: Susan Bathow
Christening Date: 07 Nov 1731
Christening Place: WINGFIELD,SUFFOLK,ENGLAND
Father's Name: Thomas Bathow
Mother's Name: Elizabeth
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C03958-1
System Origin: England-ODM
GS Film number: 477645

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2013 14:37

Name: Betty Bathow
Christening Date: 23 Jun 1728

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2013 14:38

Name: Mary Bathow
Christening Date: 17 Apr 1726

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Nov 2013 14:48

Wingfield Church Registers 1538-1838

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

£17.95 (plus p&p) from S&N Genealogy Supplies, West Wing, Manor Farm, Chilmark, Salisbury, SP3 5AF
Tel: 01722 716121, Web: www.genealogysupplies.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irene

Irene Report 5 Nov 2013 15:04

Thank you Ann.

This information is a great help. I did have their births but not all the information you have given.

Thomas and Elizabeth had a number of chldren Samuel, William, John, Robert, Mary, Betty, Betty, Susan, Martha, Thomas, all born at Wingfield.