Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Henry Davies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 22 Oct 2013 20:36

My maternal grandmother, Bertha Mathilda Bolte married the above mentioned prior to marrying my grandfather, William Warren Stevens in Durban, South Africa in 1915.
My father, Warren David Stevens, was born in 1916 and he had two half sisters, Garnet Davies and Diamond Davies as a result of his mother's previous marriage.
I understand that George Henry Davies died in South Africa in 1905 and I also believe he was involved in the mining industry either as a geologist or mining engineer.
My grandmother originated from Prussia and I believe she may have lived in German South West Africa prior to 1905, I think this is possibly where she met and married her first husband.
I would like to find out more about George Davies. I have just tracked down his death certificate through the South African site, ancestors.co.za, but would like any further advice on how to perhaps discover more.

David

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Oct 2013 20:48

Previous thread:
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1292032