Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jamaica and Trinidad

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tom

Tom Report 20 Oct 2013 16:56

Hi folks
What;s the best way look for ancestry information for the above places, other than
going to the Jamaican GRO...

Regards

Tom

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 20 Oct 2013 18:41

Tom,

Just keep googling. Recently some parish records in Argentina were found dating back to around 1850, so hopefully you may find some in the right timeframe.

If you need more help add names and dates on here and I'm sure we'll try and help.

Tom

Tom Report 20 Oct 2013 18:45

Hi BatMansDaughter

Many thanks, I'll do that and maybe post again later

Regards

Tom

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 20 Oct 2013 20:08

Hello Tom, this is the FamilySearch wiki about researching family in Jamaica:

https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Jamaica

Click on the links under Topics on the left of that page to see what is available.

These are the searchable records on that site:

Title Records Last Updated
Jamaica Births and Baptisms, 1752-1920 287,389 28 Feb 2013
Jamaica Church of England Parish Register Transcripts, 1664-1880 365,639 01 Dec 2011
Jamaica, Civil Registration, 1880-1999 2,017,648 16 Aug 2013

https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927006

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 20 Oct 2013 20:35

care to give details of who you are searching for - we may be able to help you

Tom

Tom Report 20 Oct 2013 21:30

Hello to you both

I have a friend who is interested in finding his ancestry, he asked if I could find out
if there were places like GR and Ancestry so I said would post on here and see what comes up, at the moment I don't any information other than than my friends name,

You both have me helped me a great deal over the last few weeks, for which I am
very grateful for... I will look at the links that Marie has offered and then ask him if he would like me to put his family name on here and see what help you can offer if that's ok
Many thanks

Tom

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 20 Oct 2013 22:29

Tom, that would be fine. Not an area I've researched before but someone else may have done. We can but try.

Tom

Tom Report 21 Oct 2013 09:47

Thanks Marie

I will be back !!

Regards

Tom