Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MADISAN or MADISON

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 20 Oct 2013 12:46

The above member posted a 1911 census request last night at approx. 8-35 pm,i posted the info in reply to that request. When I checked back some 15 mins later it had been deleted without any acknowledgement.

So I say to that member I am posting the info again just in case you deleted by mistake, perhaps he or she would like to comment.

1911 census transcription details for: 17 Blyth Road Worksop
Print Close National Archive Reference:
RG14PN20239 RG78PN1211 RD427 SD1 ED18 SN226
Reg. District: Worksop
Sub District: Worksop
Parish: Worksop
Enum. District: 18
Address: 17 Blyth Road Worksop
County: Nottinghamshire

Name Relation Condition/
Yrs married Sex Age Birth Year Occupation Where Born
BROOKES, Mary Emma Head Single F 64 1847 Letting Rooms Yorkshire Sheffield
BROOKES, Amelia Jane Sister Single F 57 1854 Letting Rooms Yorkshire Sheffield
ALLEN, Ann Visitor Single F 65 1846 Private Means Yorkshire Hoyland
ALLEN, Esther Visitor Single F 58 1853 Private Means Yorkshire Hoyland
HILL, Nellie Servant Single F 20 1891 General Servant Domestic Nottinghamshire Worksop

George

PS I realise I may be wasting my time.

Dea

Dea Report 20 Oct 2013 13:51

That is very magnanimous of you George, however, I suspect that the deletion was not done in error ;-)

I can 'sense' how frustrated and annoyed you are over this but, unfortunately, it happens all the time.

Some members just to not appreciate the effort people go to on their behalf but thankfully they are in the minority!

'Onwards and upwards' as the saying goes ;-) :-D :-D

Dea Xxx

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Oct 2013 13:53

Hi George

A thread i posted on was deleted a couple of weeks ago.

I spent hours and hours researching and posted 4 pages of information.

I PM'd the poster to ask why on earth they would want to delete all that information.

The message was opened and i received no reply.

Pft!!!

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 20 Oct 2013 14:19

Thank you Dea & Prickles.

You are quite right, I know this happens, ive still got a few others, not deleted but never replied, I still wonder why some people think the helpers all work for GR not realising we pay for a subscription to the sites to find the info for them.

I could say more but I might finish up with a GR holiday :-D

Have a nice day

George

Dea

Dea Report 20 Oct 2013 14:21

You too George <3 :-D :-D

Dea x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Oct 2013 14:33

Annoying though isnt it when one has spent sometimes loads of time doing look ups which include bad mistranscriptions .only to find no acknowledgement posted and then the thread being deleted.

I TRY to tell myself the enquirer doesn't realise its other members giving their time and subs so they read and take note thinking its GENES themselves giving the info so they dont have to say thanks etc and the delete.

I have sometimes not done look ups when I think this one has deleted before with no feed back on what has been posted .

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Oct 2013 14:48

I don't usually do that Shirley...........but this ones name is written on my forehead!!!

lol xxx

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 20 Oct 2013 22:26

I don't believe it!!!

It has just happened again.

2 hours research which i was about to add to.....and Janettie has deleted her thread.

*Faints*

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 20 Oct 2013 22:59

Even if the enquirer thinks that the info is found by Genes staff, it doesn't mean that some acknowledgement isn't necessary.

And it simply isn't possible to delete by mistake.

Andrew

Andrew Report 20 Oct 2013 23:01

Its b****ly annoying when this happens.

Andy

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Oct 2013 23:10

Happening too often

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 20 Oct 2013 23:20

Just my opinion, but I do think it rather selfish when someone just deletes a thread with no acknowledgement. It strikes me as a "Well, I've got what I wanted so that's that".

There have been times when I've found a great piece of info a little while later when researching something else and when I've gone back found the thread gone. Their loss.

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 20 Oct 2013 23:38

Prickles is going to end up looking like the tattooed lady with all those names written on her forehead ! ;-) :-)

Maureen <3

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Oct 2013 23:40

They obviously have failed to realise that eventually they will not get any help if they keep deleting threads.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 21 Oct 2013 00:00

I just scared myself Mo.

I looked in the mirror and thought..........who the ell is eittenaJ ???

lol xxx

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 21 Oct 2013 00:20

LOL!!!!
Prickles,I WAS going to ask if the names were written forwards or backwards. :-D

Much easier when the offender's name is Bob.

:-S
Moxxxx