Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Beatrice Chapman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 18 Oct 2013 20:24

This will seem strange but i have a photo of my father (john Alan Freer )with his mother (Gladys Smith Jarvis) his aunty (Florence freer) his Grandfather (Willaim Freer) and a lady thought to be 'Little Nan' This can not be his first or second wife and i have discovered a marriage between a Beatrice Chapman and William Freer in 1944 and wonder if this may be her. I wonder if anyone out there has a conection before ordering the marriage cert.
Thanks for any help

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 18 Oct 2013 21:00

Hello Helen - to discover if there is a connection on this site, use "Search" top right hand corner of this page - if you find a connection you have the option of contacting the tree owner through the site

Good luck

Ann

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 21:15

Marriages Dec 1944 (>99%)
CHAPMAN Beatrice Freer Wellingbro' 3b 274
FREER William Chapman Wellingbro' 3b 274

Death

Name: FREER, Beatrice
Registration district: Wellingborough
County: Northamptonshire
Year of registration: 1964
Quarter of registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at death:81
Volume no: 3B
Page no: 674

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 21:18

Without the cert, you have no way of knowing if Chapman was the woman's maiden name..............as she would have been 60+ when she married, I would doubt that it was.

So looking in 'search all trees' may prove fruitless

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 21:19

Is the photograph dated?

Deaths Mar 1954 (>99%)
FREER Gladys S 52 Leicester C. 3a 541

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 18 Oct 2013 22:30

Your father's grandfather would surely be very old to be contemplating marriage in 1944?

Helen

Helen Report 19 Oct 2013 09:08

Thanks everyone for your replies. Reggie - Gladys was my father's mother (married to William Henry) William was a common name fromm one generation to another!!
William Freer was born 16/3/1883
1st marriage: Sarah Chambers 10/9/1904 died 5/9/1927
2nd Marriage: Eva Ellen Streeton (nee Freeman) 8/12/1928 died 1934 (jja 1/4)
Photo must have been taken about 1945ish going per dad's recollections. I will have to order the form to double check. I will also look at the trees.
Thanks
Helen