Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ralph Henry Thompson, born c.1933 in Sunderland.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 17 Oct 2013 21:51

I'm trying to trace the above birth (my uncle) but there's no information on GR that relates. I think 1933 is the correct birth year but it could be a year or two either way - adjacent siblings are Ada Thompson born 1929 and Elizabeth Thompson born 1937. Sunderland is almost certainly correct. His parents were Ralph Henry Thompson and Isabella Thompson, nee Elliott.

Can anyone suggest anything to help? Many thanks in advance...

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 17 Oct 2013 21:53

David,

The birth is on freebmd. It's a free site and is a valuable source for anyone tracing their ancestors in England or Wales.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Oct 2013 21:55

Births Jun 1933
THOMPSON Ralph H Elliott Sunderland 10a 952

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 17 Oct 2013 21:56

David, here's the link so you can find it
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

You're correct with the year and the place

David

David Report 17 Oct 2013 22:09

Thanks, all - most kind of you...

Initially, I couldn't even find it on FreeBMD. It turned out my mistake was entering his full middle name - d'oh!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Oct 2013 09:33

Second forenames are not recorded in full after 1911.................when MMN/Spouse Surname was added to the index

David

David Report 18 Oct 2013 09:53

Thanks Reggie - Thompson being such a common name, I'd got into the habit of giving the middle name to cut down the number of 'hits'...