Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WILL/PROBATE William & Elizabeth Etherington

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marian

Marian Report 30 Sep 2013 19:51

I would like to know if either of the above had a Will and if so what the particulars are. William died 12 June 1877 aged 77 years and Elizabeth (his wife) died 18 June 1877 aged 80 years. I got this info off their headstone. They are buried in Redmarshall churchyard but may have died at Bishopton, Co Durham (practically next door to Redmarshall). Thank you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Sep 2013 20:00

Name: William Etherington
Probate Date: 30 Jan 1878
Death Date: 12 Jun 1877
Death Place: Durham, England
Registry: Durham, England

Give me a minute to copy further details as one can't copy and paste...............

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Sep 2013 20:08

Administration of the personal estate of William Etherington late of Redmarshall in the County of Durham, farmer who died 12 June 1877 at Redmarshall was granted at Durham to Stephen Blenkinsopp of Clarence Terrace,Great Aycliffe in the said county, railway signalman, the nephew and one of the persons entitled in distribution.
The Administration granted in Durham in January 1878 having been revoked.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Sep 2013 20:10

and for Elizabeth

Name: Elizabeth Etherington
Probate Date: 16 Jul 1878
Death Date: 18 Jun 1877
Death Place: Durham, England
Registry: Durham, England

Personal estate under £1500

The Will of Elizabeth Etherington late of Redmarshall in the County of Durham, widow, who died 18 June 1877 at Redmarshall was proved at Durham by William Headlam of 96 Scarborough Street, West Hartlepool in the said county, railway inspector, the sole Executor.

Gwyn

Marian

Marian Report 30 Sep 2013 20:14

Thanks Gwynn. This will be another £6 well spent as I have found the Wills I send for (and I've got quite a lot) have been invaluable for the information they contain. :-) Well £12 now to include Elizabeths.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Sep 2013 20:19

William's was an Administration, so I'm not sure how much information that will hold??

Gwyn

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Marian

Marian Report 30 Sep 2013 20:23

Every little helps though, thanks again.