Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

re-middleton family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

pauline

pauline Report 11 Sep 2013 19:51

hi does anyone know of church that my grandma annie maria middleton was married in she was born in weston upon trent 1897 and my dad was born out of wedlock 1919 she went on to marry a john holloway in 1928 and had 3 more children my half uncles and aunty but i dont know where they married someone once told me st michaels at church broughton she died 1962 but dont know where shes buried any info much appreciated pauline

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 11 Sep 2013 19:59

Hello Pauline, welcome to the boards.

Have you had a look to find her marriage in the records? You could then order a copy of the marriage certificate which will confirm exactly where they wed.

HeyJudeB4Beatles

HeyJudeB4Beatles Report 11 Sep 2013 20:13

Hi Pauline - it's on www.freebmd.org.uk

Far more fun when you find it yourself :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 Sep 2013 20:15

Name: John Ewart Holloway
Father's Name: Walter Newman Holloway
Spouse's Name: Annie Maria Middleton
Spouse's Father's Name: Samuel Middleton
Marriage Date: 2 Jun 1928
Marriage Place: Twyford and Stenson, Derbyshire, England

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 11 Sep 2013 20:16

And this is where to order the certificate, costs £9.25

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/default.asp

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 12 Sep 2013 14:23

I'll send Pauline a message on how to return to her thread... :-)

pauline

pauline Report 12 Sep 2013 16:29

thank you for all your replies i have found all the information its just the church where they maried im sure its st michaels at church broughton but the burial place is a mystery but thanks again for your input much obliged

pauline

p