Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sergeant major Samuel crawford born in Carlisle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 18:04

looking for a link to this ancestor served in the boar war ...in 1908 he was in the Glasgow highlanders (9 th battalion h.l.i}

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 18:05

sergeant major Samuel Crawford born 1850-1870 ish in Carlisle daughter is Jeannie Robertson Crawford born in 1906

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2013 18:35

??????????

Name: Samuel Crawford
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1861
Relationship to Head of Household: Boarder
Birthplace: Hensingham, Cumberland
Schedule Type: Household
Registration District: Whitehaven
Sub-District: 3 St Bees
Ecclesiastical Parish: St James
Parish: Preston Quarter
Residence County: Cumberland

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Aug 2013 18:50

Hello Fondy, what sort of link are you looking for? How have you connected to him?

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 20:49

im looking him up for my brother in law who is in Canada ...they have newspaper clippings of him but cant find out who he actually is and his timeline

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 20:53

Dave my b-I-law
is trying to find his great grandfather we have all his medals and military memorabilia

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 20:54

would like to his dob death wife and children and anything we can find out about him please if that's possible thank you :-)

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Aug 2013 21:00

More questions I'm afraid!

Did you get the date of 1908 from the military memorabila? Any info you can give would help there.

Where was Jeannie Robertson Crawford born? When where did she marry?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Aug 2013 21:05

Is this Jeannie's marriage?

Jean Robertson Crawford, "British Columbia Marriage Registrations, 1859-1932"

Name: James Martin
Event Type: Marriage
Event Date: 12 Jun 1928
Event Place: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Birth Year (Estimated): 1903
Birthplace: , Scotland
Marital Status: Bachelor
Residence Place:
Father's Name: John Martin
Mother's Name: Agnes Barclay

Spouse's Name: Jean Robertson Crawford
Spouse's Age: 21
Spouse's Birth Year (Estimated): 1907
Spouse's Birthplace: , Scotland
Spouse's Marital Status: Spinster
Spouse's Residence Place:
Spouse's Father's Name: Samuel Crawford
Spouse's Mother's Name: Jean Murdoch

GS Film number: 2074508
Digital Folder Number: 004400879
Image Number: 02833
Affiliate Film Number: B13755
Reference ID: 28-09-337078
Certificate Type: License

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-267-11589-167398-96?cc=1307718&wc=MMYG-JY2:2130959752

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 21:16

Samuel dob and his death please

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Aug 2013 21:17

If that marriage is correct then you're going to need to do some research on Scotland's People http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/. It's not a subscription site, you'll need to buy credits but they're quite reasonable.

I'd start by searching for Jeannie's birth to get more info on her parents at the time. The marriage names her mother as Jean Murdoch so you can look for a marriage between Samuel Crawford and her to get more info on their ages and parents.

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 21:27

ggrandmother jean Murdoch was married to sam Crawford and that's who were chasin...have photos but no family history ! have a diary medals service recordsbut nothing about him

FONDY

FONDY Report 22 Aug 2013 21:28

Earl of Crawford he was related too and the ancestral home was Carlisle...... but no dob or death or what happened to him

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Aug 2013 22:16

Fondy, as I said earlier - you need to use Scotland's People to find his marriage, get more info as to his parents. Find his birth then we might have a chance of finding his death if we have an accurate year of birth to work from.