Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry Nelthropp 1748 - 1821

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tara

Tara Report 22 Aug 2013 10:49

Hi Everyone,

The Nelthropp name is turning out to be my biggest challenge recently. I am writting with regards to Henry Nelthropp in my family tree. I know he died on the 01/03/1821 in Copenhagen, Denmark but from the information I have found on other people's family trees, I am confused to whether he was born in Denmark or England. I have that he was born in 1748 however I am unsure of the exact date he was born and therefore unable to find a birth extract to find out who his parents were. I know he married a Carolina Illins on the 17/02/1779 in portugal and then later married Christiane Marie Berg on the 02/01/1789

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tara :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 22 Aug 2013 11:10

A submitted entry on the IGI has him born in England and dying in Denmark but it doesn't give more exact information.

Kath. x

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 22 Aug 2013 11:42

There is this probate entry and although probably not your Henry I think he must be related in some way.

13th June 1862
Letters of administration of the personal estate and effects of Henry Nelthropp formally of Puerto Rico in the West Indies but late of Cadiz in Spain. Batchelor, deceased, who died in or after 1815 in the harbour of Cadiz. Aforesaid were granted at the principle registry to George Nelthropp of 20 Gloucester Street, Belgrave Road in the county of Middlesex. Esquire, the brother and one of the next of kin of the said deceased him having been first sworn. Effects under £200

And here is the Probate of the George mentioned above in 1869

11th October 1869
The will of George Nelthropp of 20 Gloucester Street Warwick Square Middlesex but late of Ringmere near Lesws Sussex. Died 24/09/1869 at Ringmere. Approved at the principle registry by the oaths of James Buchanan 20 Bloomsfield Road Edgeware Middx and John Morrison of Patrick near Glasgow. Effects under £8,000

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 22 Aug 2013 11:55

Other Nelthropp Probates are

Reverend Henry Leonard died 1901 Surrey
George Matthew 1902 Middx
William Tell 1907 Surrey
William Ross 1944 London
William Tell 1948 Kent
Alice Ann 1953 London
Elizabeth Annie 1957 London
Harold Ross 1962 London

Tenerife Sun

Tenerife Sun Report 22 Aug 2013 11:59

Have a look at this link there is info on several Nelthropps
Some of it is in Danish but scroll down to find more in English

http://www.geni.com/surnames/people/nelthropp

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 Aug 2013 14:52

Hi Tara, there are several people on this site with the name Nelthropp in their tree. Click on Search above and then on Search All members Trees and enter just the word Nelthropp - you will see what I mean. If you find any connections you can contact the tree owners.

I'll send Tara a friendly message on how to return to her thread. :-)