Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Army Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 9 Aug 2013 16:57

Hi
Please does anyone know how to find army records of soldiers who served between1851 to 1871.
Regards
Wensy

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 9 Aug 2013 17:06

Some records are on Find my Past, also on GR Plus The National Archives, although some of records from the Nat Archives have been put on FMP

If you do not subscribe to FMP why not give some details of the person you are seeking

George

Wendy

Wendy Report 10 Aug 2013 08:50

Thank You George
My query is for a Thomas McGrath.On his son's birth certificate in 1866 he was a pensioner of the 19th Hussars.I wondered if there was a list available for this regiment ?
regards
Wendy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Aug 2013 09:07

No result for the name/regiment combination on FMP

Try the National Archives site.............

Gee

Gee Report 10 Aug 2013 09:09

Hi Wendy

Could you post some more details for Thomas, birth year, place etc

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 10 Aug 2013 18:40

You wouldn't find it on the National Archives site. It will be on FMP, if it has survived, but, as Gins says, more information is needed to search.