Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ragaglia Family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 6 Aug 2013 16:32

Hi there, my grandmother was Amorina Ragaglia, she lived in Alexandria Egypt in the early 1900's. Her sister was Victoria Ragaglia. And she had a brother who went on to have 3 sons in Milan and one of them was a lawyer. I do not have his name but it could have been Georgio or guigio. But their father was Giovanni Ragaglia a merchant in Alexandria Egypt. Im not sure where they were all born but Ancona Italy was mentioned once. My grandmother Amorina Ragaglia was born early 1900. She married James Higgins in Alexandria as he was stationed there. She was known as Mary Higgins and died 18/12/1963 in Willesden. I would really like some help with Giovanni Ragaglia and whether it is at all possible to find out more about him and then trace his sons families. They could still be in Milan? Any help would be great.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Aug 2013 17:00

Hi Suzanne.
I can't help you personally, but had a look and there is one Ragaglia showing on Milan White Pages - 1st name Vittorio. A long shot but worth a look maybe?
Jan

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 6 Aug 2013 17:14

Thank you have just found it. And there is an address. Will give it a go! Anything is worth a try.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 Aug 2013 21:14

the majority of the Ragaglia's come from this place in Italy

Name: Salvadore Ragaglia
Christening Date:
Christening Place:
Birth Date: 02 Nov 1864
Birthplace: Randazzo, Catania, Italy
Father's Name: Michele Ragaglia
Father's Age: 24y
Mother's Name: Paola Lazzaro
Mother's Age: 22y