Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Address in 1841 Census for Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Toosh

Toosh Report 5 Aug 2013 11:58

Hi to all
I have a Census record for Joseph Frazer in 1841 (born 1816 in Liverpool, ref: HO/107/563/4). On FMP the address says Russell Court, Liverpool.

Looking at the Census on Ancestry (page 15) then going back to page 11, I cannot make out if this actually does say Russell Court.

Could someone with better eye sight than me please take a look and let me know what they think.

Many thanks
Carol

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 5 Aug 2013 12:17

I think it says Russell Court, the 2 s's are written as fs as was the general rule back then.

ChristinaS

ChristinaS Report 5 Aug 2013 12:17

Yes, I'd say that said Russell Court. Spelt in the old fashioned way of using fs instead of double s.

Rufsell Court

Edit - Snap Margee - You weren't there when I posted :-)

Toosh

Toosh Report 5 Aug 2013 12:22

Thanks Margee and Christina very much appreciated.
Carol