Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Testing only the answered/unanswered 'button' tks.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Ru

Ru Report 5 Aug 2013 03:31

Just seeing what happens when I hit the answered button when I did not mean to!

See if I can reverse my error!
Thanks. :-(

Ru

Ru Report 5 Aug 2013 03:35

No luck - will only have to delete thread and start again or leave it and add that a new thread in the same vain has been started.

:-D :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 5 Aug 2013 04:58

their latest improvement ..........

in response to requests to remove the Tick as Answered ................ they removed the option of reversing your decision

:-S :-S :-S :-S

Ru

Ru Report 5 Aug 2013 07:58

Oh Thanks SylviainCanada,

Why do they complicate things or was it a valid request? I miss so much - sorry!

Thanks for the reply - only wanted to educate myself! (Now not sure if I am joking).

Sappho

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 5 Aug 2013 08:34

Sappho, I wouldn't recommend deleting threads and starting over as it could mean the previous research will need to be done again.

I'd suggest if a thread has been marked as answered in error that the poster goes to the first post on the thread, clicks Edit and then amends the title to add something like "Help still needed"

Ru

Ru Report 5 Aug 2013 10:49

Good Idea MarieCeleste,

Still learning this thread business. It is always so difficult to know what one should do in such circumstances. I only wish Genes could think before they change anything.

I was just wanting to know for myself how the delete system worked. Perhaps genes could return to the old system.

Thanks again,

Sappho.