Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could anyone help - military records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Aug 2013 09:12

I am trying to locate attestation military record (WW1) for Thomas Matthew Cunningham b 1890 Jarrow. I am given to understand that he was a private in East Yorkshire Regiment No (I think) 30785 and later the Northumberland Fusiliers. I cannot trace any records for him. Would anyone be prepared to have a look to see if I have missed him? Thanks.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 2 Aug 2013 09:23

I presume you have the details from the medal card

Name: Thomas M Cunningham
Regiment or Corps: East Yorkshire Regiment, Labour Corps, Northumberland Fusiliers
Regimental Number: 30785, 603778, 99525

As 70% of records were destroyed during WW2 you might not find any service or pension record

You can search on Ancestry using just the service number

Margaret

Margaret Report 2 Aug 2013 09:30

Thank you for your help. I have just tried using the service number and unfortunately only one page comes up which supplies the information you provided. It would seem that any other records must have been destroyed in WW2. Thanks anyway.