Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burials

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 29 Jul 2013 12:24

Hi, I'm stuck trying to find the burial places of a few of my relatives. My gr.grandfather, Frank Harben Forster born 1855 Tooting Graveney, Surrey. Lived his adult life in Spitalfields, but retired to Felsted, Essex around 1910. Died in Guy's Hospital 24.10.1915. His wife Ellen Forster nee Clowton born 1849 Felsted, Essex. Died 5.6.1930 at Hollow Road, Molehill Green, Felsted, Essex. Son and family lived next door, and they are buried in Holy Cross Churchyard, Felsted, but Frank and Ellen are not. They were close friends of the Nodes family who were a well-established undertakers from Crouch End in London. I am also unable to find where Ernest Harry Matthews born 1878 Hackney, died 1956. He and his wife were living in Willows Green, Felsted. His wife Margaret Dora Matthews nee Robinson born 1884 Upper Clapton, London died 1956 Braintree area. I can't find their burial places either, but they were related to the Nodes family too. Any help please would be much appreciated, or if you could point me in the right direction that would be a help. I have tried writing to Nodes Undertakers, but the company went out of business around the mid 1960's, although there are Nodes undertakers still, but they are run by other companies. I did not receive any reply when I wrote.
Lyndersgreen

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Jul 2013 12:31

They may have been cremated

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend

Diamonds-R-A-Girls-Best-Friend Report 29 Jul 2013 15:54

Hello Susan I have a found a probate for a Ernest Harry Matthews, died 19 December 1956 it say's he was living at Willows Green Post Office Gt Leighs.

I will attach it to a PM so you can have a look.

Susan

Susan Report 31 Jul 2013 09:22

Thanks Lesley for that. I have looked at the probate. Reggie, yes they may have been cremated. There is a crematorium in Chelmsford and also Colchester. I may have to look into that.
Susan