Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

place of burial

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 29 Jul 2013 11:44

Am looking for My gt. grandmother Naomi Reed (nee Hollingsworth) s place of burial. . She was born in 1843, in Clavering, Essex., but died at the home of her daughter, Mary Reed, who lived in the village of Wyddial, Hertfordshire. No one in the family seems to know.

Would be grateful if anyone can tell me how to go about this, or if i can find it online.(i havent had any luck so far.!)

Thanks, Sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jul 2013 11:55

Year of death so we can make a start

Name: Naomi Reed
Birth Date: abt 1843
Date of Registration: Sep 1919
Age at Death: 76
Registration District: Royston
Inferred County: Hertfordshire
Volume: 3a
Page: 534

Sue

Sue Report 29 Jul 2013 11:57

Thanks DET. Sorry completely forgot date of death. Yes, above is correct. The registration area Royston, but the village where she actually died, was Wyddial.

Sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jul 2013 12:11

Wyydial does have burial registers which cover 1919.....but Ican't find where they are held. They don't seem to be held at Hertfordshire Archive, but I'm not very good at searching catalogues

Look on a map for local council cemeteries - she may have been buried by the 'duty' clergyman and not entered on a PR.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Jul 2013 12:12

Try googling for cemeteries in the area..............then contact them with as much detail as possible, and see whether they are able/willing to carry out a search

Or look at the NBI.........check whether they have transcribed the area/year in question

Sue

Sue Report 29 Jul 2013 12:14

Thanks DET will have a look.

Maybe still with the church.

Sue

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jul 2013 12:15

"During 2012 FindMyPast are to digitise the Hertfordshire Parish Registers and Bishops Transcripts held at HALS up to 1910 for baptisms, 1928 for marriages and 1990 for burials."

http://www.hertfordshire-genealogy.co.uk/data/websites/hals.htm

Have you looked on Familysearch??

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Jul 2013 12:15

Wyddial's Church (St Giles) has a graveyard.................no indication of when it was last used.

Contact info.....................

http://www.achurchnearyou.com/wyddial-st-giles/