Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John Scott Oliver

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 25 Jul 2013 16:23

Does anyone have john Scott Oliver in their tree. I'd guess he was about 35-40 in 1893.

If so please could you contact me.

Carole

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Jul 2013 16:25

You need to look on Search Trees to see if he is listed and then make contact with the tree owner.

Usually its the enquirer who does the looking not the other way round :-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:26

To find people in other trees.......look in 'search all trees'

How did you come across the name?

Some idea of location is vital............,

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:27

Does this, perchance, have any relevance?

Marriages Dec 1896 (>99%)
Oliver John Scott Steyning 2b 633
Soughton Emily Ellen Steyning 2b 633

Carole

Carole Report 25 Jul 2013 18:30

Thank Shirley and Reggie. Yes, I had looked there in vain, but not everyone keeps their trees up to date.

My friend has come across a plush 1893 family photo album of this family in a charity shop and wondered if anyone was researching this family. FH has been a long term hobby if mine so I was able to find the genealogical details related to it. However, there are 2 possibilities for JSO so personal details would clinch which is the correct one.

Carole