Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Andrew Anderson dob 1811

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 25 Jul 2013 16:07

Can anyone help me find info about Andrews wife.He is my gt,gt,gt grandfather and seems to come from Tewkesbury.I have found details of the family including his children,John,Joseph,Samuel etc.When looking for the children the info shows father Andrew Anderson and mother Ann.I think her maiden name might be CAISH but her dob shows 1816 and marriage details show 19/10/1828 Tewkesbury.Other date of marriage shows 4/11/1828 Pendock,Worcs.Obviously her dob would make her too young to marry.I am totally confused and i have seemed to have hit a brick wall.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Karen

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:09

Which of the children is your line?

When and where was he/she born?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:10

Actually, until the early 1900's girls of 12 could marry quite legally

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:12

if you got your birth year info from 1841 census, you may not have realised that ages for over-15's were rounded down to nearest '5'

That, however, would not explain why you thought her birth year was 1816.......so, where did you find that info?

1851 census

Person: ANDERSON, Andrew Address: Highfields, Sedgley, Wolverhampton

ANDERSON, Andrew Head Married M 47 1804 Boat Man
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire VIEW
ANDERSON, Ann Wife Married F 46 1805
ANDERSON, Joseph Son Unmarried M 17 1834 Boat Man
ANDERSON, Caroline Daughter Unmarried F 13 1838 Servt
ANDERSON, Samuel Son Unmarried M 9 1842 Scholar
ANDERSON, Emma Daughter Unmarried F 2 1849
Sedgley, Staffordshire

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:20

Name: Andrew Anderson

Spouse's Name: Ann Caish
:
Event Date: 19 Oct 1828
Event Place: Tewkesbury, Gloucester, England
:
Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I03139-2
System Origin: England-EASy
GS Film number: 856970

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2013 16:37

Child Surname Child Forename Father Surname Mother Surname Mother's Former Name Year District Office Register Entry
ANDERSON Samuel ANDERSON ANDERSON CASH 1840 Cheltenham Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury

Karen

Karen Report 25 Jul 2013 17:52

My family line follows John Anderson who,s son was also called Andrew then his daughter Amy,my grandmother.John came from Sedgley /Bilston as did his son Andrew.The 1816 birth date came from the Household Transcription for 1841 census for Andrew Anderson.I have info about the family members you have mentioned.

Karen

Karen Report 25 Jul 2013 17:54

Andrew senior[dob 1811] came from Tewkesbury.